email address user or owner change his password

Discussion in 'General' started by ganewbie, Nov 23, 2016.

1. ganewbie

ganewbie Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hello,
    Sorry for the basic question.
    how an email user change his email password?
    Could not find anything in Roundcube interface.
    FYI, the email user does not have a user account on ISPConfig3 panel but only email.

2. sjau

sjau Local Meanie Moderator

he can login at the ISPConfig control panel and change it there.

He can also setup autoresponder, server-side mail filtering etc. there

3. ganewbie

ganewbie Member HowtoForge Supporter

Thanks sjau,
    But my client does not want to give access to the panel to his employees, he just want to give them the option to change their email password.
    Is there a way to achieve such option without giving them access to the panel?
    Thanks

4. sjau

They only can set their password, setup an autoresponder and add some filtering rules... what's the harm there?

Although, for Horde there is an option to change the ISPC password from Horde. Not sure about roundcube though.

5. Trunkles

Trunkles Member

How does the email user actually log in? What URL do they go to and which username & password?

6. sjau

full email address and password

7. Trunkles

Trunkles Member

The URL is there username and password too? Somehow I doubt it.

8. Trunkles

Trunkles Member

My point is that I log in via 192.168.1.1:8080 Nobody outside this intranet has ever logged in. The users I need to give access to are on the internet. Do they just go to https://MyExternalIP:8080 and then login with their username and password.?

9. sjau

Depends on your network/lan setup..... since you mention external IP I assume you're behind NAT? If so, port forwarding from the public IP to your lan IP needs to be setup. If the domain is also points to your public IP then they can also use the domain name instead of the public IP.