Email Filter/Custom Rules does create .filter file

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by toyinal, May 31, 2015.

1. toyinal

toyinal Member

After setting up email filter and custom rules, the .filter file is not created in the vmail directory, but it works if I manually create the .filter file. I'm using Centos 6.5 with ISPCONFIG 3

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig does not use a file named .filter. On Dovecot servers, the file is called .sieve and it is in the mail root /var/vmail/domain.tld/user/.sieve

3. toyinal

toyinal Member

According to ISPCONFIG 3 manual, the email use either Courier/maildrop or Dovecot/sieve for mail filter, I'm using courier/maildrop which I setup using falko tutorial. maildrop use the .filter file that is created by ISPCONFIG according to this thread http://www.faqforge.com/linux/contr...-copys-of-incoming-emails-to-other-mailboxes/ . Unfortunately the .filter file is not being created on my ISPCONFIG setup

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The file for courier is named .mailfilter and not .filter. ISPConfig creates the following file when you add a filter in the interface:

/var/vmail/mailfilters/[DOMAIN]/[USER]/.mailfilter

A file that starts with a dot is a hidden file, it is not shwon when you use the "ls" command, to see it, use:

ls -la

in the directory where the file is created. Please replace [DOMAIN] and [USER] in the command below with the details of your accont and then post the output of that command:

ls -la /var/vmail/mailfilters/[DOMAIN]/[USER]/