Email forwarder that bounces/reject emails

Discussion in 'General' started by thebelgianguy, Jan 21, 2015.

1. thebelgianguy

thebelgianguy New Member

Hello,
    I'm moving some websites and associated email accounts from a hoster that offers cPanel to an ISPConfig installation. Most is going al fine, but I have one issue that I can't seem to get around at this moment.
    cPanel offers a forward function that actually reject emails at smtp time (as can be seen below). Is there a similar function in ISPConfig? I searched the manual, but can't seem to find it. If there is no such option, how could I make it work similarly?
    [​IMG]
    Thanks in advance :)

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

What cpanel names a forwarder here is an smtp error transport. An error transport can be added like this:

Add a new email route in ISPConfig, enter the email address that you want to block in the domain field of the route, select type "error" and enter the errr message that you want to show to the sender in the destination field.

An alternative to an error transport is that you use the email blacklist, but this wont allow you to set a customized error message.

3. thebelgianguy

thebelgianguy New Member

Hello,

thanks for the quick reply! I decided to use the email blacklist, because in the end it was more about not receiving any emails for a certain address than the specific error message. It's working as intended :)