email forwarding issue

Discussion in 'General' started by sygram, Feb 7, 2007.

1. sygram

sygram Member

Greetings,

first of all i would like to thank the developers of this software, for the good job they have done.

I have one issue with email forwarding. Let's say that i have a domain mydomain.com . I created one email account [email protected] and a second one [email protected] . The problem is that when i set [email protected] to forward the emails to [email protected] it does not do it :( . If i set it to forward to an email account not hosted at the same server it does it with no problem...

Does anyone have a clue on what do i have to do ?

Thanks in advance

Leon

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

What's in the mail log when the problem occurs?
    Do you use ISPConfig?

3. sygram

sygram Member

Thanks for the reply.

Yeap i use the latest version of ISPConfig .

Actually unfortunately, i did not check the log file. I deleted the second account and tried to add an alias to the first, so i entered at the appropriate field the value with no @ bit. I tried to save it but it would not save this setting. I thought that it could be , because i had set this account as catch all. So now i have only one account. The strange thing though is that today i could not access my web pages. The owner of the folder www.mydomain.com was changed to something else than apache. Is it because i set this email account as admin ?

My installation is fedora 5, following the "perfect setup" topic.

Best Regards

Leon

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Yes, that's right.