Email Gone

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by jstrellner, Aug 15, 2008.

1. jstrellner

jstrellner New Member

Last night I migrated a bunch of users to a new ISPConfig setup that I have. One of the users usernames was incorrect so I went to delete the user and I accidentally deleted the whole site.

I restored the site from the Recycle Bin, but now all emails from before the restore are gone.

Is there any way at all to get the emails back?

The users data didn't get picked up in the latest backup that the system made from R1Soft and FOr some unkown reason the old system deleted the email after it was copied.

I am at a loss. Is there anywhere that the emails are staged at? I need help ASAP.

Thank you.:

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Are you using Maildir or mbox? Are the emails of all users of that web site gone, or only of that particular user?

3. jstrellner

jstrellner New Member

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

If you dont have a backup of the site tree, I fear that the emails can not be restored.

5. jstrellner

jstrellner New Member

Thanks till, that is what I was thinking. I already prepped the users that lost their emails that they may not come back. Fortunately only one user used webmail only, so the other users had copies locally.

Now I am having problems with mailbox sizes for two users... any ideas? I will post another thread to elaborate more on it.