Email issues with The Perfect Server - Fedora 12 x86_64 [ISPConfig 3]

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by t-sniper, May 13, 2010.

1. t-sniper

t-sniper New Member

Hi, I'm new to the world of Linux. I'm trying to build a mail server and found this great website with various tutorials. I followed all the steps in the Perfect Server tutorial and have ISPConfig3 installed and running (after several trials). I can login to my email account through SquirrelMail and successfully send emails but not receiving any, even sending email to myself. I tried the email dossier and it saids connection timed out on smtp session. I guess I haven't set it up properly...

I'm running this mail server behind a router. I have www.mydomain.com pointed to the static IP at my router, then port 25, 110 forward to my server (192.168.0.100). I tried play around with ISPConfig3 but have no idea what to do. Do I need to include the static IP somewhere in the server in order to receive email properly? Any help is greatly appreciated! :)

2. t-sniper

t-sniper New Member

Now, I can receive emails from myself and between accounts within the mail server but still can't receive emails from the outside. Any suggestions?

3. topdog

topdog Active Member

Have you added MX records for your domains ?

4. t-sniper

t-sniper New Member

already did, any clue?

5. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Any errors in your mail log? Also make sure that your ISP doesn't block port 25.