Email marked as SPAM [gmail and hotmail]

Discussion in 'General' started by mmertens, Nov 12, 2007.

1. mmertens

mmertens New Member

Hi,

I've been using ISPConfig for a while, and i must say it's really neat and a clean/ordened controlpanel!

But my problem, i've added clients in ISPConfig with some sites. When the client sends an test email to a gmail address or a hotmail address the email is marked as SPAM (in gmail) and is never delivered (in hotmail).
    recently added the SPF record, but it still dont work, in the header i can see that the SPF result is passed, so that's a good thing.

I will include the header file from the SPAM marked email that I found in the SPAMbox of gmail:
    My quess at this moment is the Message-ID which ends with @localhost, or maybe the return-path with www-data@ in it.

Does anyone knows where the problems are? Because this problem is very irritating me.

Thx in advance.

2. edge

edge Active Member Moderator

Do a search on this forum for hotmail (or gmail), and you will find a lot of info about this.

Basically you will need to contact Microsoft and ask if they add your new domain to the Senders ID program (it's a bit like a SPF record)

More info again when you do a search on the forum.

Small tip.. Do not use testing as text to test things like this.
    Try to make the email look as real as possible when testing things like this.

3. mmertens

mmertens New Member

Okay, but i've searched the forums already.

Found some usefull results but all said that the person need to create a valid SPF record. Which I did.
    Where can I contact Microsoft for this kind of questions? And what about gmail, they are marking my mails as spam?

Thanks for your answer!

4. edge

edge Active Member Moderator