email / out of office / auto answer

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by captnnuss, Mar 10, 2010.

1. captnnuss

captnnuss New Member

Hi there,

is it possible to set up an auto answer, for example to use an out of office message? I am using ISPConfig 3.0.1.3.

Thanks,
    Marco

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can enable and set the autoresponder message on the tab "Autoresponder" of the mailbox settings. You use a realtively old ispconfig version, I recommend that you update your system to 3.0.1.6 or 3.0.2 rc 1.

3. captnnuss

captnnuss New Member

thanks.

i just updated to 3.0.1.6 now and set the autoanswer. basically, it works. I get an answer, but the "from:" header is empty as well as the subject line is just saying "Auto answer: from".

I've seen in the mailfilters script, that there should be the $RECIPIENT, but that does not work here.

any hints?

thanks,
    marco

4. captnnuss

captnnuss New Member

argh.

after the update from 3.0.1.3 to 3.0.1.6 the following happens:

my mail users who were named "[email protected]" get converted to lowercase "[email protected]" as soon as I save them, for example to apply an autoresponder.

that leads to a delivery of new mail into /var/vmail/example.com/name.name, but the current maildir is /var/vmail/example.com/Name.Name. :-(

by the way: autoresponders now don't work at all. the directories under /var/vmail/mailfilters/example.com/name.name are empty and do not contain any scripts.

I should have stayed with 3.0.1.3...

Marco

edit: autoresponders do not work properly if text contains special chars or charsets (like cyrillic).

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Correct. Email names must always be lowercase or mail delivery might fail.

Correct. This was a bug in old versions that allowed poeple to enter email addresses with uppercase.

The files are hidden, you see them only with "ls -la".

6. captnnuss

captnnuss New Member