Email permissions issues after recovering from back up

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by AlexSr, Jan 18, 2021.

1. AlexSr

AlexSr New Member

Hello!

A few days ago I had to restore my server from a snapshot and all went apparently well.
    Since my snapshot was a few days older, I downloaded my vmail folder entirely and re-wrote it to the server after the restore was completed (I thought that was a right action to do to ensure current email traffic wasn't lost)
    Shortly after I started having several email errors and issues. Folders content other than mailbox were not accessible, and several permission errors appeared in the log (below). I tried to fix the permissions to the folders & sub folders by changing these to 755 for one of the email accounts and that apparently helped, but I now see that all other mailboxes and accounts are also affected.
    Through webmail, all seems to be working OK, but when working with email clients (desktop & mobile) it is not possible to access the Mailbox folders/subfolders in a very weird way.

Today I saw certificate errors in the log as well, not sure if that would be connected to my mistaken action.

Would there be a way to repair these folder permissions to what these have to be? Any help and guidance on this I will really appreciate.

OS version is Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS (on a VPS)
    ISPConfig version is 3.2.2
    php (cli) version is 7.2.24-0ubuntu
    Using Dovecot
    htfreport.txt (removed multiple iptables lines to make it readable) and mail log attached.

Attached Files:

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Run:

chown -R vmail:vmail /var/vmail

to cahnge the vmail folder and alls its sub folders and files to user and group vmail and then check if the issue is fixed.

AlexSr likes this.
  3. AlexSr

AlexSr New Member

Fantastic! it is fixed indeed, thank you very much !:)