Email problem - all outgoing mail end up as spam

Discussion in 'General' started by haaglin, Oct 14, 2007.

1. haaglin

haaglin New Member

Hi.
    Sorry if this is not the right place to ask this question.

Im running ISPConfig on my server, and if i run a php script to mail someone, it ends up as spam, or sometimes it wont even make it to the spam box. Gmail allways recieve the email (as spam).

I dont have a dns server, so i use http://www.domainnameshop.com as dns provider. This is a line from the details of the recieved email:

What does that mean?

Please help me fix this.

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

3. haaglin

haaglin New Member

My server is not blacklisted. I have never added an spf record before, so tell me if this is wrong. Its still not working.

This is from the zone file:

Code:
    mydomain.com.	3600	IN	TXT	"v=spf1 a ~all"
    One other thing, where do i change the smtp.mail and Return-path address in the mail? The address entered there is wrong

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

You can use this wizard to check your SPF record: http://old.openspf.org/wizard.html

You must set the correct sender address in your email client.

5. haaglin

haaglin New Member

The spf record seems to have worked for gmail. Thanks!

However, there is still a domain that wont recieve at all.

I have a domain (www.mydomain.com) hosted by someone else, but i have som subdomains of that domain (sub.mydomain.com) hosted by my own server running ispconfig.

The email is not served by me, but if i try to send an email to [email protected] from my server, it never gets there.
    Does my server stop outgoing emails if i hosts a subdomain of the domain the email address i send to?

Thanks.

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please have a look into the mail log, do you get any errors when you send a email to this domain?

7. haaglin

haaglin New Member

Yes! Found the emails. The server does stop the email from going out to the mailserver, and puts them in a mailbox of the administrator of the subdomain. Under options, i have selected "External mailserver" as mailserver, but still no go.. so i removed every entry of the domain from /etc/postfix/local-host-name and /etc/postfix/virtusertable but still they are getting into the mailbox of the administrator. (I did restart both ispconfig and postfix after the changes)

Any advice?

8. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You must set the website to external mailserver AND the co-domain.

9. haaglin

haaglin New Member

Wee!! That did the trick! Thanks a lot :D