Email reader

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by mzo, Feb 22, 2006.

1. mzo

mzo New Member

Hi guys,

Just to ask if it possible for me to install squirellmail on ispconfig as mail reader replacing uebimail ? Do you have a list of procedure in how to do it? I'm using fedora core 4 and install using fedora core 4 perfect setup.

-mzo-

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can use any webmail program in conjunctions with ISPCOnfig, sa long as the program supports imap or POP3.

I use squirrelmail too on my ISPConfig server, but i dont have detailed installation instructions at hand.

Meaje a new website, e.g. webmail,yourdomain.com in ISPCOnfig, go to the co-domains tab and delete the co-domain with the empty host that was created automatically. Then download the squirrelmail tar.gz installation package to the "web" directory of this new website and follow the installation instructions from squirrelmail.

3. viewport

viewport New Member

IMAP doesn't work, nor does SquirrelMail

Till:
    Till, I am having problems getting IMAP to work. Since you explicitly mentioned you're using SquirrelMail (IMAP, presumably) with ISPConfig, could you help me? I would need somewhat detailed instructions for SquirrelMail-ISPConfig integration (not installation). Falko is also helping me at http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?p=17108 . Thanks.

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Do you have any error messages in your mail log? Do you get errors from Squirrelmail? What's the output of
    Code:
    netstat -tap
    ?

5. viewport

viewport New Member

Yes, I get error from SquirrelMail. "User not found or password incorrect", something to that effect. In the mail.log, it seems IMAP auth failed. In practice, it seems Courier's IMAP is not tied to Postfix at all. Let's get back to the other thread I started? Or do you think this should be a separate thread, this IMAP issue. Seems related. Didn't mean to mess up your forum with duplicate issues. Sorry.

6. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer