Email routing assp.local domain to destination host

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by simonit, Jun 14, 2024.

1. simonit

simonit New Member

Hello,

I'm trying to route assp.local domain to specific smtp-host (ASSP).

I have set:
    Advanced Email Routing
    assp.local
    smtp:[10.10.10.111]:225

Relay domains
    assp.local

assp.local is not added as email domain.

But getting error:
    Recipient address rejected: Domain not found.

postfix/smtps/smtpd[1502149]: NOQUEUE: filter: RCPT from yyyy: <[email protected]>: Sender address triggers FILTER lmtp:[127.0.0.1]:10026; from=<[email protected]> to=<[email protected]> proto=ESMTP helo=<XXX>
    postfix/smtps/smtpd[1502149]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from yyyy: 450 4.1.2 <[email protected]>: Recipient address rejected: Domain not found; from=<[email protected]> to=<[email protected]> proto=ESMTP helo=<XXX>
    postfix/smtps/smtpd[1502149]: using backwards-compatible default setting smtpd_relay_before_recipient_restrictions=no to reject recipient "[email protected]" from client "yyyy"

Any ideas how to get this running?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

What is the hostname of this server, is it maybe assp.local?

3. simonit

simonit New Member

Actually the destination is called mx itself, but the ispconfig server it is named under hosts file as assp.local.

Should I change that?

4. ztk.me

ztk.me Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

5. ztk.me

This does sound like a weird mixup of things.
    If you plan to use internal domains, make sure you have a proper DNS setup.
    This should lessen a lot of possible issues here

6. simonit

simonit New Member

I change using only IP so no mix up there.

Okay ASSP sasys this:
    "Enable Email Interface (EmailInterfaceOk)
    Checked means that you want ASSP to intercept and parse mail to the following usernames at any localdomains. The domains '@assp.local' and '@assp-nospam.org'are automatically a local domain and can be used for the email-interface."

So as your advice I changed to using assp-nospam.org as domain here.

Now we run following message: "Recipient address rejected: User unknown in relay recipient table;"
    With setup:
    Advanced Email Routing
    assp-nospam.org
    smtp:[10.10.10.111]:225

Relay domains
    assp-nospam.org

assp-nospam.org is not added as email domain.

7. ztk.me

8. simonit

simonit New Member

The issue is not directly related to ASSP. The goal is forward all email to specific domain to specific destination smarthost. I this case all email to domain @assp-nospam.org should be delivered to 10.10.10.111:225.
    Its not working and gives "Recipient address rejected: User unknown in relay recipient table;" So why ISPCONFIG (postfix) is trying to look any address on domain @assp-nospam.org on itself, as its should only relay the mail?

9. till

This can be the case if this email is used as server hostname or in /etc/nailname or when you configured it somewhere in postfix main.cf file.

10. simonit

simonit New Member

@assp-nospam.org is only in: nowhere else on configs.
    upload_2024-6-14_15-40-39.png
    and here
    upload_2024-6-14_15-41-26.png

And MX lookup is disabled.

11. till

Ok, but the error message is for an email that was sent to assp.local and not assp-nospam.org

12. simonit

simonit New Member

Here is the error message from mail.log on ispconfig:
    postfix/smtps/smtpd[1511233]: NOQUEUE: filter: RCPT from x: <[email protected]>: Sender address triggers FILTER lmtp:[127.0.0.1]:10026; from=<[email protected]> to=<[email protected]> proto=ESMTP helo=
    postfix/smtps/smtpd[1511233]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from x: 550 5.1.1 <[email protected]>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in relay recipient table; from=<[email protected]> to=<[email protected]> proto=ESMTP helo=<xxx>
    postfix/smtps/smtpd[1511233]: using backwards-compatible default setting smtpd_relay_before_recipient_restrictions=no to reject recipient "[email protected]" from client "x"

13. till

Ok, that's a different error now, so the system finds the domain now. Add [email protected] in ISPConfig under Relay Recipients in the mail module.

14. simonit

simonit New Member

Thank you for suggestion.

after adding this
    upload_2024-6-14_16-32-21.png

I got this error:
    postfix/smtps/smtpd[1525658]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from x: 450 4.1.2 <[email protected]>: Recipient address rejected: Domain not found; from=<[email protected]> to=<[email protected]> proto=ESMTP helo=<xxx>

Any ideas why?

15. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

I think postfix tries to find the domain from DNS, and assp-nospam.org is not there.

16. simonit

simonit New Member

Hello, where should it point? As I could add it to locally to hosts-file (assp-nospam.org 10.10.10.111), but I'm not quit understand will that make any difference, as there will not be MX records.

17. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

You could try that, see if it makes a difference.
    Postfix tries to send to @assp-nospam.org. To do the sending, postfix must find out what is the IP-address of that host.

18. simonit

simonit New Member

Hi, sorry for late replay.

same error after adding it to host. I think postfix should ignore checking of domain because its should only relay the mail.

postfix/smtps/smtpd[1163359]: NOQUEUE: filter: RCPT from kpi233.kuuskaista.fi[85.194.228.233]: <[email protected]>: Sender address triggers FILTER lmtp:[127.0.0.1]:10026; from=<[email protected]> to=<[email protected]> proto=ESMTP helo=<x>
    postfix/smtps/smtpd[1163359]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from kpi233.kuuskaista.fi[85.194.228.233]: 450 4.1.2 <[email protected]>: Recipient address rejected: Domain not found; from=<[email protected]> to=<[email protected]> proto=ESMTP helo=<X>

19. pyte

pyte Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

It seems like your transport map is not working. Are you sure the entries for E-Mail Routing are correct?

20. simonit

simonit New Member

Please let me know what else I could configure. Here current config screenshots:
    https://imgur.com/a/NX7US2d