Email Routing

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by misterm, Oct 27, 2019.

1. misterm

misterm Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hello to all of you
    I come back to you for the function under ISPConfig, Email Routing.
    What I see, it lacks the identification placement for the mail to be sent to the receiving server, can you tell me, or can I add that?
    Thank you, kind regards
    Mz

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Normally you are routing mail traffic to a server with a fixed IP address, this means that you put the fixed IP of that target server into the mynetworks setting in postfix on the ISPConfig system. The users are sending trough that target server and are authenticating against that target server as that#s the system where their mailboxes reside on and the target server then routes the outgoing traffic back through the ISPConfig system.

3. misterm

Hello Till
    If the sending server comes from a transactional system, how does it work?
    Mz

4. till

You mean the sending server has a dynamic IP? In this case, you will have to use the SMTP account of another domain that you host for authentication.

5. misterm

No Till
    The postfix config is defined as follows:
    I would like to adapt it for a single relay domain under ISPConfig, is that possible?
    Mz

6. till

7. misterm

Ok is this kind of configuration would only work for sending a single domain via the configuration I named on the previous message.
    Mz

8. till

With this config, you can define the relay server for each domain individually.

9. misterm

to understand what I'm putting into it, do you know how to display the config I need to add in postfix?
    Thank you ;)

Mz

10. till

I posted a link above which shows the config. You can find other examples as well when you search for | at a search engine of your choice.