email sending failed...my dynamic IP is blacklisted :-(

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by frost10torres, Jul 21, 2009.

1. frost10torres

frost10torres New Member

Ok, i have a home server and i followed the HowtoForge's Perfect Setup Debian Lenny with ISPConfig3. The installation/setup works like a charm!

Well not everything is ok. When i configure the ISPConfig for email domain and everything. I tested and i can receive email from outside domain:( (i sent test email to my yahoo account) but i cannot send. I also did some other test on the server and it is not an open relay. I checked my mail client (ms outlook and i enabled the smtp authentication). i checked my mail.log and there was an email relay error and my ip address is registered on Spamhaus. I am using an ADSL for internet and my IP is dynamic. I dont want to use paid mail relay service. I heared that you can use your gmail account and smtp.gmail to relay your email. Is it really possible? and does anyone know how to do that or any other alternatives? Will appreciate any help of any kind.

Btw, thanks very much to falko/till for great tutorials/howtos.:)

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

3. frost10torres

frost10torres New Member

Thanks falko for the response...I trust when you help.

Well, i followed the steps on your post. I sent a test email and ive got this mail log:

Jul 23 03:26:13 myhomeserver postfix/smtp[15387]: 7E1418274: to=, relay=smtp.gmail.com[209.85.129.109]:587, delay=12, delays=0.24/0.02/12/0.64, dsn=5.7.0, status=bounced (host smtp.gmail.com[209.85.129.109] said: 530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first. e17sm2199998fke.18 (in reply to MAIL FROM command))

There is something missing on configuration in server handshakes and dont know how to fix it.

4. Flash

Flash New Member

Though I have no experience with gmail, my best guess is that since you are connecting to the secure (TLS) port of the server, which will require you to have TLS configured properly on your end aswell.