Email server at different Physical Location

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by pawan, Mar 18, 2016.

1. pawan

pawan Member

is it possible to have email server at different physical location like data center and managed from one ispconfig control panel.
    What is the right process to have just email server at data centre?
    Do I need to have complete server setup separate from the main server if I want to host email services at data centre.

Thanks.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Yes, that's possible. The ISPConfig Multiserver setup does not require that servers are in the same location.

You can use your current server as ISPConfig master and then add a slave server for email. The setup should be similar to this one:

https://www.howtoforge.com/multiser...servers-on-debian-squeeze-with-ispconfig-3-p2

you can also use the normal perfect server guide and then install ispconfig at the end in expert mode and choose to join the master server.

3. pawan

pawan Member

Thanks for the info. Everything you look for it is there in ISPCONFIG.

Just one more question, can I force the email user to have strong password like combination of caps, small letter and number etc. so that guessing password and using the mail box for spam is eliminated.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  4. till

See: System > Interface Main Config > Misc.

5. pawan

pawan Member

Thanks. That's great.
    But I think that will work for new password setting and continue to work for existing passwords.
    How can I ask the existing user to change their passwords.

6. till

Write them an email?

DDArt likes this.