Email templates

Discussion in 'General' started by snakeice, Apr 5, 2020.

1. snakeice

snakeice New Member

Hi,
    I've seen that there is an option to create email template. Default there are gpdr and welcome email, I've created another one.
    The question is: how can I send that email? I've created a new client, but no mail has been sent.
    About gdpr i haven't found any items in the panel, equal to send email use custom templates
    How they should work!?
    Thanks

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There is an email sending function in the client module (kind of a client newsletter) that uses the email templates. Regarding GDPR email, not sure why this category exists, might be for the separate GDPR module from Florian Schaal.

3. snakeice

snakeice New Member

Hi Till
    I've seen the send email in client>messaging, but how can I select the template?
    The fields are only sender email, recipient, subject, message.
    Thanks
    P. S. To send a mail with send mail is mandatory to use a client circle? Is not possible to send a mail to only one user from thd panel?

4. snakeice

snakeice New Member

Hi,
    Please, does anyone knows the answer? Because i haven't found any solution to my problem on google
    Thanks

5. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I don't, no, I've never tried to do that. When I need to email just one client at a time (which is pretty much always), I just use my normal email program.

6. till

I don't think you can send a single email, this function has been made to inform groups of clients.

7. snakeice

snakeice New Member

hi everyone,
    So, if i want to mail lots of client, where i can select the template?
    because i haven't found any fields but sender email, recipient, subject, message in send email menu
    Thanks

8. till

You're right, I thought the can be used for client circles as well, but that's not the case. Might be that template type 'other' is not in use yet then.