Emails accounts get disabled and not re-enableable .

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by Paul Hill, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Paul Hill

Paul Hill Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi
    Recently installed ispconfig3.1 on ubuntu 16.04 with apache , dovecot , roundcube etc .
    it work well but have a few puzzles ...
    certain email account become disabled from sending , receiving and cannot seem to be re-enabled in the email account interface .
    this happens if an account attempts login through roundcube but from the wrong web domain on the server .. or the mail account reaches it's quota , which i found out quickly by transfering data from another server imap account onto this new server .
    increasing the quota did not allow the account to be re-enabled .
    the only way to fix it so far is to delete the account and recreate it which if using imap is a huge pain .

Last issue , i can use www(dot)mydomain(dot)com(slash)roundcube for web mail but these is no alias to use www(dot)mydomain(dot)com(slash)webmail ... is this an oversight ? or did i screw something up in the installation ?

Paul

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Ensure that you have ispconfig 3.1.2 installed (or the latest 3.1dev fom today, there was a bug in one of the development releases.

3. Paul Hill

(Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS (Xenial Xerus)) ISPConfig 3.1dev
    installed a week ago , do I need to update it ? or is it suffering from a misconfiguration error on my behalf ?
    Next question ... will the update to the new version go ok without causing chaos ?

4. till

This was a problem with a patch in the dev version that you have on your server, the problem was not in the released ispconfig code.

You have to update it either to the 3.1 dev version from today or go back to 3.1.2 stable.

Yes, that's not a problem as the database structure has not been changed.

5. Paul Hill

update worked , that fixed the email issue.. great info till thanks
    Do you have a step by step to create a roundcube alias for the same server so that /webmail can be used instead of /roundcube please?
    Thanks

ahrasis likes this.
  6. till

There is a roundcube.conf file in /etc/apache2/conf-enabled/ directory which contains the apache config for roundcube. There you find an Alias /roundcube ....... line. Change that to Alias /webmail ........ and restart apache. Or make a copy of that line and change the copied line to /webmail so you have /webmail and / roundcube as aliases.