emails to gmail goes to spam

Discussion in 'General' started by Nikolay Orlov, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Nikolay Orlov

Nikolay Orlov New Member

all emails from my postfix goes to gmail spam, where is my mistake ?
    ARC-Authentication-Results: i=1; mx.google.com;
    dkim=pass header.i=@adv***.ru header.s=default header.b=R5aLPHvc;
    spf=pass (google.com: domain of o*v@adv***.ru designates *.*.*.* as permitted sender) smtp.mailfrom=o*v@adv****.ru;
    dmarc=pass (p=NONE sp=NONE dis=NONE) header.from=adv****.ru

Try like this
    https://www.howtoforge.com/communit...roblems-with-spam-at-gmail-and-hotmail.63359/
    but have error: connect to transport private/smtp-ipv4: No such file or directory

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

This is discussed often. Use Internet Search Engines with
    Code:
    site:howtoforge.com e-mails to gmail go to spam

3. Nikolay Orlov

Nikolay Orlov New Member

i try all from this site without any success((((

4. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Have you tried Internet Search Engines with
    Code:
    connect to transport private/smtp-ipv4: No such file or directory

5. Nikolay Orlov

Nikolay Orlov New Member

yes, and didn't find any solution

6. Nikolay Orlov

Nikolay Orlov New Member

I managed to setup transport, but no success with gmail and spam

7. Steini86

Steini86 Active Member

8. Nikolay Orlov

Nikolay Orlov New Member

Attached Files:

9. Steini86

Steini86 Active Member

Can you show a complete mail header of a mail that goes to spam?
    Can you do a report here: https://mecsa.jrc.ec.europa.eu/

This thread is 7 years old and outdated. Nowadays the IPv4/IPv6 support is done different:
    http://www.postfix.org/IPV6_README.html

If your postfix is configured to support ipv6 ("inet_protocols = all"), then all your chain has to support that (DNS (AAAA record), RDNS, SPF, etc...), otherwise gmail will complain

10. Nikolay Orlov

Nikolay Orlov New Member

Attached Files:

11. Nikolay Orlov

Nikolay Orlov New Member

Inet_protocols = ipv4 , i do not have ipv6 address
    And i remove transport to gmail from postfix

12. Pimmal

Pimmal New Member

Hey i have the same problem and i was testing things with Cyberpanel, now i have found the issue why ISPConfig EMails are going to gmail spamfolder.

If i enable in Cyberpanel the Mailscanner Watermarkfeature then emails are not sent to spam folder, if i deactivate it it´s going to spamfolder.
    So now i have the question is there a way to use the Watermark feature in ISPConfig aswell?

13. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Not sure what they mean with watermark, probably they use it instead of the official term DKIM signing. ISPConfig supports DKIM signing out of the box, you just have to activate it and configure it in DNS. Enable Dkim signing for this domain in ISPConfig and setup the dkim key in the DNS zone of that domain.

Besides that, take care that you follow the usual best practices like valid server hostname with matching reverse record.

14. Pimmal

Pimmal New Member

Here are the Options from Mailscanner

Watermark Header
    X-%org-name%-MailScanner-Watermark:
    This sets the name of the Watermark header. Good to make sure this is customised for your site, as you don't want to be reading other people's watermarks.
    This can also be the filename of a ruleset.

Watermark Lifetime
    This sets the lifetime of a watermark. Set it to the maximum length of
    time that you want to allow for delivery errors to be delivered.
    Most sites set their delivery timeouts to less than 7 days, so that is a reasonable value to use.
    This time is measured in seconds. 7 days = 604800 seconds. This can also be the filename of a ruleset.

Watermark Secret
    %org-name%-Secret
    This is the secret key used in the watermark calculations to ensure that the watermark can't be spoofed. It should be set to the same value on all the MailScanners in your organisation.
    Note: YOU SHOULD CHANGE THIS TO SOMETHING SECRET!
    This can also be the filename of a ruleset.

Short sorry i need to integrate Mailscanner Into ispconfig postfix to solve Gmail Spam delivery

15. Pimmal

Pimmal New Member

16. till

Reread my post #13 and ensure that you configured everything correctly and that you setup and enabled dkim signing. If your system is set up correctly, then emails should be delivered to Gmail without ending up in spam folder, no need for that watermark system.

17. till

Btw. My mail server uses ISPConfig 3.2.2, is setup correctly as I described and I have no issues with emails ending up in Gmail spam folder. So all you have to do is to setup your mail server correctly, enable Dkim and take care to have a correct SPF DNS TXT record as well.

18. Pimmal

Pimmal New Member

I have valid spf, dkim and dmarc Policy
    In the E-Mail Header on Gmail Side all These Tests are marked with Pass

19. till

Then it might be that Gmail received spam from your IP address in the past which means your IP has a bad reputation or the message content is similar to spam, normally you don't have any issues with Gmail filtering messages out as spam when the system is set up correctly. E.g., check if you are using IPv4 and IPv6 and if that's the case, ensure that forward and reverse records are set for both IP versions. The watermark function you mentioned is a proprietary function from that MailScanner software only and not a commonly used function that is available in other software.

20. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer