Empty From-Adress when sending mails out of ISPConfig without a running mailserver

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Husky110, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Husky110

Husky110 New Member

Hello folks,
    I just setup ISPConfig on Ubuntu 18.04 (ISP-Version 3.1.13) using a mixture of the "Perfect Server"-Tutorial and the Multi-Server-Setup written in the manual (used nginX instead of apache).
    The manual suggested to have the "Master"-server to be only a webserver and nothing more (which I did) using only a barebone postfix installation.
    By the time I've installed ISPConfig, I didn't know which Relay-Mail I would use, so I left it empty.
    Now I've tested a bit and setup a mailbox using Mailcow (for now ;) ) and have ISP the credentials for that (even through this https://www.howtoforge.com/postfix_relaying_through_another_mailserver tutorial). Well. The mails arrive, but have an empty Return-Path and an empty "From"-Header.
    Is there a way to change that withing ISP which I just haven't found yet or do I have to reconfig postfix on the server directly?

Greetz

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Ensure that you set correct admin name and email address Under System > Interface config in ISPConfig.