Enable PageSpeed function [SOLVED]

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by SupuS, Nov 25, 2016.

1. SupuS

SupuS Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi,
    I found function not described in ISPConfig manual and I would like to know how it works. It is visible when I follow next steps:
    1. check "Customer viewable" checkbox on some directive snippet
    2. use this directive snippet in "Web server config" when creating or editing website
    3. new checkbox "Enable PageSpeed" appears under "Web server config"
    Screenshot_20161125_205441.png
    If I understand correctly this function enable mod_pagespeed when it is installed as described here right? But why it is available only when I choose directive snippet? And what happens when mod_pagespeed is not installed?

Thank you for clarification

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This is not working at the moment, the checkbox got into the release branch probably due to a merge mistake and it get's removed until it is fully implemented, that's why you don't find it in the manual.

SupuS likes this.
  3. itsolon

itsolon Member

I ran into same problem,
    i activated the checkbox and then nginx couldn't be started anymore, website ispconfig was offline.
    the solution for me was to enter
    nginx -t on the comandline
    and there you are told what nginx.conf (which vhost) has the pagespeed loading lins inside.
    then you edit the file manually and remove every line with pagespeed (in the end of that file)
    then you can restart nginx server with
    service nginx restart
    a test with
    nginx -t shows that all is ok.
    what i did, i hurried up and removed the checkbox inside ispconfig from my vhost and then it was back. without reinstalling the whole server
    best regars Markus