Enabling Apache Directory Indexes for new ISPConfig Domains

Discussion in 'General' started by jscholes, Jan 25, 2011.

1. jscholes

jscholes New Member

Hello,

Today, I decided, after a rebuild and upgrade of my VPS, to try out ISPConfig 3. Armed with my newly purchased copy of the manual, I got to work.

So far, I have to say, I'm extremely impressed. For a single user like me who just needs hosting for a handful of domains/users, it works brilliently. I do have one question though, and my apologies if this question doesn't belong in this forum.

By default, directory listing indexes are disabled for vhosts created by ISPConfig. I was wondering if there is some sort of master config I could edit to enable Apache directory listings for new domains that I add in the future? If there is, what do I need to add to such a file? /usr/ispconfig/server/conf/vhost.master looks like the file I will need to edit, but adding options to enable indexes hasn't worked so far. The reason I ask here is that there is no mention of this in the manual, nor in the ISPConfig UI from what I can see. Sorry if I've overlooked something obvious.

Thanks in advance,

James

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

You can use that template and add Indexes to the Options line, but please save the modified template in the /usr/local/ispconfig/server/conf-custom/ directory so that it will not be overwritten when you upgrade ISPConfig.

To apply the new template to your existing vhosts, you have to change something in that vhost in ISPConfig (e.g. disable PHP and then switch it back on a few minutes later) so that the vhost configurations get rewritten with the new template.