ERP Tutorial for The Perfect Server - Debian Squeeze & ISPConfig3 crowd

Discussion in 'Suggest HOWTO' started by tazmon95, Mar 20, 2011.

1. tazmon95

tazmon95 New Member

Hello,

I recently upgraded my server and have a couple more I'm adding in as mirrors in the near future. One of the applications/sites I'd like to run on my servers is an ERP solution, either OpenBravo, Adempiere, PostBooks by xTuple, or OpenERP.

I've looked around the web & HowToForge but haven't found anything about installing one of these on the same system as ISPConfig3 is installed. The main questions I have about it are the dependencies required by all of them, for example, java, python, tomcat, postgresql, etc. and how these would interact on a multi-host ISPConfig3 setup?

I think a tutorial going through the process of setting something like this up would be extremely useful for many people.

Thanks,
    ~Taz

2. nedlilly

nedlilly New Member

For xTuple, the only dependency is PostgreSQL. There's no middle tier, or other server-side components at all.

If you have an existing PostgreSQL install, you can just load one of the .backup files, and point a GUI client at it.

There's also an all-in-one installer, but it's really meant for demo/evaluation environments where the client and the database are on the same machine.

Regards,
    Ned

Visit the xTuple Community site