ERROR 403 - Forbidden!

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by livetv, Oct 29, 2020.

1. livetv

livetv Member

Hello, VPS Debian 9.
    trying to install WordPress but getting ERROR 403 - Forbidden!
    in the web error log files I get:
    AH01630: client denied by server configuration: /var/www/my.domain/web/index.php
    I tried - chown -R www-data:www-data /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web
    but it doesn't work for me.
    Thank you

2. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Usually the folders are owned by the web user and client group. So for client ID 1, web ID 1, the command would be:
    Code:
    chown -R web1:client1 /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web

3. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

You are doing the install as wrong user, or maybe SuEXEC is not turned on in website settings.

4. livetv

livetv Member

Thank you for the responses.
    chown -R web1:client1 /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web does not solve the issue and SuEXEC is enabled in site settings.

5. Taleman

Are you installing wordpress with the user created for that website?

6. livetv

livetv Member

I think I created with root user by mistake but I don't know how to go on from here so if you can sir, In detail how should I do to fix it or maybe refer me to an article about...

7. Taleman

I install wordpress following the install instructions from wordpress website. I do not know of any more detailed instructions that that.
    If you have messed up that website using root user, then remove that website, and create it again with the same name. Or create a new website with a different url address, if that works for you.
    Then create a user for that website, either shell user (jailkit) or FTP user, both work so choose what you prefer. Then do the wordpress installation using that user.