Error 404 - stats

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by migratoria, Apr 8, 2022.

1. migratoria

migratoria New Member

Hi friends
    I have installed ispconfig in my new server.
    When I created the domain, the "/stats" folder was also created automatically.
    Then I deleted the /stats folder to paste the old /stats folder present on the my old server. When I access mydomain.com/stats I get the 404 page not found error but the folder exists and contains all the files. I also tried to delete and recreate it from the ispconfig panel. The folder is created but then does not login, generating 404 page not found error.

If I delete the .htaccess and .htpasswd stats files then I can see the contents and statistics correctly

Can someone help me figure out where is the problem?

2. migratoria

migratoria New Member

I also tried to assign client/web permissions to the stats folder instead of root/root but the result doesn't change.
    In other 2 of my domains on the same server, the original /stats folder created by ispconfig during installation works correctly

3. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Recursively?

4. migratoria

migratoria New Member

yes, once the /stats folder is deleted, even if I recreate it from the statistics panel or via ftp, the access via authentication does not work and reports the error "Page not found".

But the folder was created successfully and the statistics work if for example I delete .htaccess and .htpasswd_stats.

I also tried to recreate a new password using the "Protected folders" option from the ispconfig panel. The files are created but the result does not change.

While 2 other domains always present on ispconfig that use the /stats folder created by ispconfig work regularly.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2022
  5. migratoria

migratoria New Member

No solutions?

6. nhybgtvfr

nhybgtvfr Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

did you read / change the contents of the .htaccess and .htpasswd_stats files? the old .htaccess you copied over from the old server probably contains the wrong web## and client## as the path to the .htpasswd_stats file

7. migratoria

migratoria New Member

the problem lies in the fact that if I delete the / stats folder and regenerate it from the ispcofig panel this is created correctly and the statistics work but the password authentication does not work

8. nhybgtvfr

instead of using the protected folders setting on stats, as you claimed earlier, have you tried just changing the password from the website settings statistics tab?

9. migratoria

migratoria New Member

10. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Did you remove the protected folder settings in ISPConfig again? they are not meant to be used for the stats folder.

11. migratoria

migratoria New Member

I deleted the / stats folder to put the old one back.
    When I saw it didn't work I have recreated it from ispconfig by re-entering a new password in the settings of the panel.

The folder was created and the statistics works correctly, but the password does not work even if the .htacces and authentication .htpasswd_ files are generated correctly.
    I also tried to use the option that generates a protected folder but the result doesn't change

Last edited: May 5, 2022
  12. Appie Thrasher

Appie Thrasher Member HowtoForge Supporter

tbh I have the same problem with just 1 site. I have installed me a new server (automated setup Debian), and activated the stats on the sites, currently just 3.
    I waited more than 24 hour to check stats and for 2 sites I can see stats correctly but for 1 I get page 404 error.
    If I look with ftp at site site web dir the stats folder is there and stats are generated, so what went wrong here?
    btw NOT a big problem for me, but a bit enoying, and just posting this so you guys know its happening with more of us..
    Appie

13. till

Most likely you use some kind or redirect or proxy rules via .htaccess or in the Apache or nginx directives field that prevents access to stats or you changed the docroot of the site to a subfolder.

14. Appie Thrasher

Till, I didn't change anything as far as I know?? I just installed me a new server and put back my joomla site with an akeeba backup.
    But your answer gave me a little hint to check..
    If I delete the .htacces file in the stats dir I can acces the stats fine If I than create a new login through ISPConfig the (2) .htacces files are being recreated and yet again I am not able to login to the stats...?

So I guess something goes wrong from ISPConfig stats setup??

Thanks

Appie

15. till

If this would be the case, then all your 3 sites must fail as all sites have the exact same .htaccess file and all other ISPConfig users must be affected too, but that's not the case. So there is something special with the other config of this site that prevents it, might be a .htaccess file in the root folder that you installed os something similar.

16. Appie Thrasher

Of course your correct, than indeed all sites must have that problem.. duhh
    And yes if I delete the root .htacces it works as supposed to..
    If I than upload just the basic .htaccess from a fresh joomla it stops again even If I put in the .htacces from one of the working sites i stops again..
    Think I just delete the 2 .htaccess files out of the stats dir and I am good to go for now.

Appie

17. nhybgtvfr

is there anything in the .htaccess file (even the one in the docroot) that blocks access to the stats folder, or blocks write access..
    or mentions .htpasswd or .htpasswd_stats?
    or in the sites vhost configuration?
    does the .htpasswd_stats file exist in the stats folder?