Error 500 but no error log entry

Discussion in 'General' started by rolij, Dec 12, 2007.

1. rolij

rolij New Member

Hi,

I have a problem running a php script on a ispconfig web. I get an error 500 all the time but there's no entry in the error log file of the given web.

Basically PHP is working fine and it is not due to a htaccess.

Is there another error log where I can find additional information? Or can I turn on some debug mode somewhere?

Thanks for help.
    Roli

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

There's an overall Apache error log (in /var/log/apache2 or /var/log/httpd). Take a look at that one.

3. rolij

rolij New Member

Thank you Falko. I already found this oveall error log file. But theres no entry regarding my error 500. Is it really possible that I get an error 500 without an error log entry?! Is there another possibility to get this problem solved?

4. Hans

Hans Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Please have a look within the logfiles within the webspace itself, not in the global log files.

5. rolij

rolij New Member

I did that Hans, as mentioned in my first post. I know about the error log file within the webspace directory. That's why I asked for other log file locations. Theres no entry in the webspace log file and no entry in the global one. So I'm still wondering why apache gives an error 500 without any error log entry?

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

And you are absolutely sure that the 500 error is sent from this server? I have never seen that apache sends a 500 error without logging it.