error 500 on panel after ubuntu 12 upgrade to 16

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by qmax, Dec 11, 2020.

1. qmax

qmax New Member

after ubuntu upgrade i run ispconfig_update script and then i cant acces any more to ispconfig panel

the apache log look like:

.php-fcgi-starter: line 6: /usr/bin/php-cgi: No such file or directory
    [Fri Dec 11 00:49:11.007517 2020] [fcgid:warn] [pid 25800] (104)Connection reset by peer: [client x.x.x.x:45827] mod_fcgid: error reading data from FastCGI server
    [Fri Dec 11 00:49:11.008999 2020] [core:error] [pid 25800] [client x.x.x.x:45827] End of script output before headers: index.php

i will apreciate any help

2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You upgraded ubuntu to a supported version? After that, go through the perfect server guide for that version and install/configure everything, then run the ispconfig updater and reconfigure services again.

3. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

If I remember correctly, you should upgrade lts per lts at a time, no shortcut, that means first to lts 14.04, then to lts 16.04.

To be safe, you better proceed a step further to 18.04 or two more step to 20.04, and you must follow the relevant ISPConfig perfect server tutorial (PST) for that OS version before lastly upgrading your ISPConfig and reconfigure everything again.

We already have PST for Ubuntu 20.04.

4. qmax

qmax New Member

Thanks for your answers , i upgraded to Ubuntu 16.04.7 LTS.
    I will try your recomendation , but what will happend with my old configuration and my site if i reconfigure all ?

5. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The configuration will be rewritten with the current vhost definition. I don't know what apache version ubuntu 12 had, but if you went from 2.2 to 2.4 you may also need to update any custom apache directives and .htaccess files.

Do consider @ahrasis suggestion to continue updating to a current version, you will gain years of security updates beyond ubuntu 16.