Error 501!

Discussion in 'General' started by llamy, Aug 3, 2007.

1. llamy

llamy New Member

Hi !

I keep having this error :
    501 Method Not Implemented
    Post to /dir/... not Supported

it happens with Openads and also a Joomla module i have just installed, i really do not know what may be the reason of this error. Can you please help!

i Have Apache 2.2.0, PHP 5.1.6 and MySQL 5.0.27 running on FC6 and ISP 2.2.15 Instaled.

Thanks !

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Any errors in Apache's error log?

3. llamy

llamy New Member

Apache Error Log

Thanks Falko for replying,

this is what i get when i do : tail -f /var/log/httpd/error_log

[Sun Aug 05 16:40:05 2007] [error] an unknown filter was not added: PHP
    [Sun Aug 05 16:43:19 2007] [error] an unknown filter was not added: PHP
    [Sun Aug 05 16:43:19 2007] [error] an unknown filter was not added: PHP
    [Sun Aug 05 16:43:22 2007] [error] an unknown filter was not added: PHP
    [Sun Aug 05 16:43:22 2007] [error] an unknown filter was not added: PHP

Do you have any clue or is there any error log file ?:confused:

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please have a look at the error log of the website and not only at the global error log.

5. llamy

llamy New Member

website error log

Please where is located the website error log?
    llamy.

6. llamy

llamy New Member

website error log

Ok i have look to /var/www/web16/log/error.log

and i have alot of records last ones are about mod_security

so here is some output of that file :

[Mon Aug 06 03:38:24 2007] [error] [client 192.168.0.198] ModSecurity: Request body is larger than the configured limit (131072). [hostname "www.myhostname.com"] [uri "/administrator/index2.php"] [unique_id "-mE8l8CoAMUAAAvkYWoAAAAC"]

[Mon Aug 06 03:41:04 2007] [error] [client 192.168.0.198] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function toArray() on a non-object in /var/www/web16/web/Openads/lib/max/Dal/Admin/Zones.php on line 99, referer: http://www.myhostname.com/Openads/www/admin/zone-invocation.php

[Mon Aug 06 03:41:07 2007] [error] [client 192.168.0.198] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function toArray() on a non-object in /var/www/web16/web/Openads/lib/max/Dal/Admin/Zones.php on line 99, referer: http://www.myhostname.com/Openads/www/admin/zone-invocation.php

[Mon Aug 06 03:41:15 2007] [error] [client 192.168.0.198] ModSecurity: Access denied with code 501 (phase 2). Pattern match "(?:\\\\b(?:(?:n(?:et(?:\\\\b\\\\W+?\\\\blocalgroup|\\\\.exe)|(?:map|c)\\\\.exe)|t(?:racer(?:eek:ute|t)|elnet\\\\.exe|clsh8?|ftp)|(?:w(?:guest|sh)|rcmd|ftp)\\\\.exe|echo\\\\b\\\\W*?\\\\by+)\\\\b|c(?:md(?:(?:32)?\\\\.exe\\\\b|\\\\b\\\\W*?\\\\/c)|d(?:\\\\b\\\\W*?[\\\\\\\\/]|\\\\W*?\\\\.\\\\.)|hmod.{0,40}? ..." at ARGS:bannercode. [id "950006"] [msg "System Command Injection. Matched signature <;\\r\\n\\r\\n echo>"] [severity "CRITICAL"] [hostname "www.myhostname.com"] [uri "/Openads/www/admin/zone-invocation.php"] [unique_id "CJipEcCoAMUAAAviX@EAAAAA"]

7. llamy

llamy New Member

took away mod_security

Ok i took away everything that i added about mod_security in /etc/httpd/conf.d/mod_security.conf .

Now i do not have any errors about mod_security but still have : 501 Post Method not Implemented Error.

Thanks.

8. falko

To fix these errors, take a look here: http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4770&highlight=$go_info["server"]["apache2_php"]

9. llamy

llamy New Member

501 Method Not Implemented

Thanks Till and Falko for the amaizing support we're getting on this forum.

I have change the line:

$go_info["server"]["apache2_php"] = 'both';

to:

$go_info["server"]["apache2_php"] = 'addtype';

in the file /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/config.inc.php and made minor modification to a website and save it in ispconfig. Now the error has disappeared from the website error logfile.

BUT

I still have the same error : 501 Method not Implemented and this is due to mod_security according to the error.log in /var/www/web16/lo/error.log

[Tue Aug 07 01:49:08 2007] [error] [client X.X.X.X] ModSecurity: Access denied with code 501 (phase 2). Pattern match "(?:\\\\b(?:(?:n(?:et(?:\\\\b\\\\W+?\\\\blocalgroup|\\\\.exe)|(?:map|c)\\\\.exe)|t(?:racer(?:eek:ute|t)|elnet\\\\.exe|clsh8?|ftp)|(?:w(?:guest|sh)|rcmd|ftp)\\\\.exe|echo\\\\b\\\\W*?\\\\by+)\\\\b|c(?:md(?:(?:32)?\\\\.exe\\\\b|\\\\b\\\\W*?\\\\/c)|d(?:\\\\b\\\\W*?[\\\\\\\\/]|\\\\W*?\\\\.\\\\.)|hmod.{0,40}? ..." at ARGS:bannercode. [id "950006"] [msg "System Command Injection. Matched signature <;\\r\\n\\r\\n echo>"] [severity "CRITICAL"] [hostname "www.pronobol.com.bo"] [uri "/Openads/www/admin/zone-invocation.php"] [unique_id "lXXsdMColSsAACHMJywAAAAB"]

After verifying i noticed that there is a bug with mod_security.i386 version 2.1.1-1.fc6 that i have installed through Yum on FC6.

The new version modsecurity-apache_2.1.2.tar.gz is said to fix that bug.
    But i cannot install it because the directories :

top_srcdir = ${top_dir}
    top_builddir = ${top_dir}
    ${top_builddir}/build/special.mk

in the Makefile does not match on my FC6 Box.

Any Help? Thanks.

Also :

httpd -t
    gives me the following warnings because i added some stupid Vhost directives in ispconfig but when Till told me to remove that mistake i belive it was to late. Anything to get rid of this warning or it is fine like that :

[Tue Aug 07 02:10:49 2007] [warn] module security2_module is already loaded, skipping
    [Tue Aug 07 02:10:49 2007] [warn] module unique_id_module is already loaded, skipping
    [Tue Aug 07 02:10:49 2007] [warn] NameVirtualHost X.X.X.X:80 has no VirtualHosts
    Syntax OK

Thanks.

10. llamy

llamy New Member

Still 501 Method Not Implemented

Thanks Till and Falko for the amaizing support we're getting on this forum.

I have change the line:

$go_info["server"]["apache2_php"] = 'both';

to:

$go_info["server"]["apache2_php"] = 'addtype';

in the file /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/config.inc.php and made minor modification to a website and save it in ispconfig. Now the error has disappeared from the website error logfile.

BUT

I still have the same error : 501 Method not Implemented and this is due to mod_security according to the error.log in /var/www/web16/lo/error.log

[Tue Aug 07 01:49:08 2007] [error] [client X.X.X.X] ModSecurity: Access denied with code 501 (phase 2). Pattern match "(?:\\\\b(?:(?:n(?:et(?:\\\\b\\\\W+?\\\\blocalgroup|\\\\.exe)|(?:map|c)\\\\.exe)|t(?:racer(?:eek:ute|t)|elnet\\\\.exe|clsh8?|ftp)|(?:w(?:guest|sh)|rcmd|ftp)\\\\.exe|echo\\\\b\\\\W*?\\\\by+)\\\\b|c(?:md(?:(?:32)?\\\\.exe\\\\b|\\\\b\\\\W*?\\\\/c)|d(?:\\\\b\\\\W*?[\\\\\\\\/]|\\\\W*?\\\\.\\\\.)|hmod.{0,40}? ..." at ARGS:bannercode. [id "950006"] [msg "System Command Injection. Matched signature <;\\r\\n\\r\\n echo>"] [severity "CRITICAL"] [hostname "www.pronobol.com.bo"] [uri "/Openads/www/admin/zone-invocation.php"] [unique_id "lXXsdMColSsAACHMJywAAAAB"]

After verifying i noticed that there is a bug with mod_security.i386 version 2.1.1-1.fc6 that i have installed through Yum on FC6.

The new version modsecurity-apache_2.1.2.tar.gz is said to fix that bug.
    But i cannot install it because the directories :

top_srcdir = ${top_dir}
    top_builddir = ${top_dir}
    ${top_builddir}/build/special.mk

in the Makefile does not match on my FC6 Box.

Any Help? Thanks.

Also :

httpd -t
    gives me the following warnings because i added some stupid Vhost directives in ispconfig but when Till told me to remove that mistake i belive it was to late. Anything to get rid of this warning or it is fine like that :

[Tue Aug 07 02:10:49 2007] [warn] module security2_module is already loaded, skipping
    [Tue Aug 07 02:10:49 2007] [warn] module unique_id_module is already loaded, skipping
    [Tue Aug 07 02:10:49 2007] [warn] NameVirtualHost X.X.X.X:80 has no VirtualHosts
    Syntax OK

Thanks.

11. llamy

llamy New Member

12. falko

I think I'd disable mod_security2 for now and wait until there's an update available through yum. :)

13. llamy

llamy New Member

Disabling mod_security2

Thanks Falko,

I think this is the best solution for now. So to disable mod_secutrity2, should i do :

SecFilterEngine Off

SecFilterScanPOST Off

in the mod_security.conf file and that´s all ?

llamy.

14. falko

I'd comment out the mod_security2 module in your Apache configuration and also all mod_security2 directives.

15. llamy

llamy New Member

Problem Fix !

Thanks Falko, that solved the problem.

Llamy.