Error accessing phpmyadmin

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by muekno, Feb 20, 2015.

1. muekno

muekno Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

Have two quit simular ISPConfig 3 installations on opensuse 13.1 latest patches
    one everthing is working fine, other ispconfig itself working fine, but accessing phpmyadmin I get following error_log entry

[Fri Feb 20 10:09:37.965529 2015] [:error] [pid 1857] [client 172.16.1.33:56857] No user or group set - set suPHP_UserGroup
    [Fri Feb 20 10:09:37.965899 2015] [authz_core:error] [pid 1857] [client 172.16.1.33:56857] AH01630: client denied by server configuration: /usr/share/apache2/error/HTTP_INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR.html.var

I compared user/group settings between both, found no difference

Any idea what else can be wrong

Thanks

Rainer

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

you have to deactivate suphp globally so in the apache config so that it does not override mod_php as default php handler.

3. muekno

sorry to ask again. read some docu about suphp, did not realy understand whoto deactivate. compared suphp.conf, mod_suphp.conf and php.ini between running phpmyadmin server and the other. could not find real differences, need additional help

Thanks

Rainer

4. muekno

Found this https://www.howtoforge.de/anleitung...ng-mit-ispconfig-2220-und-neuere-installiert/

for Suse (is for suse 10.x, I have 13.1) you should comment the lines
    <IfModulemod_suphp.c> and following. The runnning configuration has these line uncommtet like the not running. If I comment it, I got
    [Fri Feb 20 16:59:24.451645 2015] [autoindex:error] [pid 5351] [client 172.16.1.33:61570] AH01276: Cannot serve directory /srv/www/htdocs/phpMyAdmin/: No matching DirectoryIndex (index.html,index.html.var) found, and server-generated directory index forbidden by Options directive
    [Fri Feb 20 16:59:24.452409 2015] [authz_core:error] [pid 5351] [client 172.16.1.33:61570] AH01630: client denied by server configuration: /usr/share/apache2/error/HTTP_FORBIDDEN.html.var
    So this could not the solution

5. muekno

found this http://www.server180.com/2014/12/how-to-install-ispconfig-3-on-opensuse.html
    and did this
    Open /etc/suphp.conf...
    vi /etc/suphp.conf
    ... and make sure that it contains x-httpd-suphp="php:/srv/www/cgi-bin/php" instead of x-httpd-suphp="php:/srv/www/cgi-bin/php5" towards the end of the file:
    [...]
    [handlers]
    ;Handler for php-scripts
    x-httpd-suphp="php:/srv/www/cgi-bin/php"
    [...]
    didn't change anything

6. till

7. muekno

Yes and No. In the last weeks I installed about 3 or 4 Systems, for testing. One single server some multiserver useing that tutorial in combination withe the multiserver tutorial from the downloadable manual. I noticed differences. So some modules are already installed with other module in case of dependencies. In case of this I installed not multiple modules together but module by module und wrote a protocol. the end of this should be a Tutorial für opensuse 13.1 multiserver setup with a master server just for administratition and 1 Mailserver without dovecot etc., a Mailserver with dovecode and webmailer, 2 DNS Server, a DB Server and a web ftp server. Whe ready I wold send it to, so you cat add it to the manual or publish on whotoforge. I do this to help me, as it is not easy to work withe the manual base on a quit different distrbution and the tutorial, as of supporting ISPConfig.
    I optimized an modified it from istallation to installation. I am quit ready with raw versions of a basic setup for all servers. The Master Server, the dns server, the mailserver, part of the webserver.

As I have also test and productive running multiserver installations I can compare .conf files installed modules, version between fully running an partly running. All installations are in equal ESXi 4.x VMWare VM's, installed from the same 13.1 ISO file, as allways updated to the last patch level. So in compareing the productive full running installation and the installation I have the problem I can not find differences, at least in the for me meaning relevant files.

To rediscribe problem
    ISPConfig (pure Master server) itsself ist ok. login to the ISPConfig Interface and all functions. the added DNS Server works fine two, no other server addes yes. Trying to open phpMyAdmin lead me to the error above.

I can send or upload my raw tutorial version if you want, need an email address or upload URL.

Tanks for helping me on sunday..

Rainer

P-S- phpMyAdmin on other installations worked at once

till likes this.
  8. till

The phpmyadmin is instaleld where, on the master? is the master also your web server, or do you use a different server of the multiserver setup as webserver?

9. muekno

phpMyAdmin is installed on the master, the webserver will be an other server which is not installed yet. but the master itself runs fine. I think it s clear that Apache is installed at the master. If you need any .conf or other information be free to ask

Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
  10. till

did you install and enable mod_php on the master? mod_php is required for phpmyadmin. ISPConfig does not use mod_php itself, so it is no indication for a working mod_php setup that ispconfig is working.

11. muekno

/usr/lib/apache2/mod_php5.so exists, a2enmod mod_php says "mod_php" already present
    sorry typo a2enmod mod_php5 says "mod_php5" already present

Shouldn't phpMyAdmin installation install its dependencies, normally zypper / rpm do

Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
  12. till

Normally yes. Try to disable / remove suphp, it is not needed on the master and it seems to override mod_php.

13. muekno

Bingo, phpMyAdmin running, Thank you very much, I will update my tutorial, to not install suphp on a pure master server.
    May it be the order of installing mod_php and suphp ist the problem?

Rainer