Error Adding a new server

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by kentsch, Sep 28, 2009.

1. kentsch

kentsch New Member

I have an initial ISPCONFIG 3 server running and I am adding a second and am getting a GRANT error. The root user on the 1st box (master) has all rights to the database so I am confused as to the problem. Here is the dialog:

MySQL server hostname [localhost]:

MySQL root username [root]:

MySQL root password []: xxxxx

MySQL database to create [dbispconfig]:

MySQL charset [utf8]:

Shall this server join an existing ISPConfig multiserver setup (y,n) [n]: y

MySQL master server hostname []: cp.hostname.com (I changed this name for the forum. The real hostname resolves just fine on the second box)

MySQL master server root username [root]:

MySQL master server root password []: xxxxx

MySQL master server database name [dbispconfig]:

Adding ISPConfig server record to database.

ERROR: Unable to create database user in master database: ispcsrv3 Error: You are not allowed to create a user with GRANT

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Looks strange indeed. Please try to login from the slave server to the master with the mysql command.
    The command has to be executed on the shell of the slave server.

mysql -h cp.hostname.com -u root -p

and try to create a new user, e.g. test123" with grant.

3. kentsch

kentsch New Member

Thanks Till - I could login to the master server but I couldn't create the user. I went to the master server and gave root privileges to the mysql and information (cannot remember exact name) db's and then slave added fine.

I have the slave server added 3 times into the master db because of the grant error - I assume I can remove 2 of them by deleting from the proper place in the master db. Knowing how to do that would be helpful.

THanks again.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can delete the two wrong records from the "server" table in the master database e.g. with phpmyamin. The first record should be the one for the master server itself, the next tow ones should be the falsely added ones and the last one should be the correct record of the new slave server.