Error after upgrade

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by monteros_007, Oct 30, 2016.

1. monteros_007

monteros_007 New Member

Hello,
    I decided to upgrade my production ISPconfig. Before upgarde I had 3.0.5.4p9 version and I got a notification to make update. My server is Debian 8 and I write in shell command: ispconfig_update.sh. Update successfully but I have error on my ISP panel: Unknown column 'client.contact_firstname' in 'field list' and when I enter on site configuration I see: Unknown column 'ssl_letsencrypt' in 'field list'. Whats wrong? What Can I do?

Best Regards

2. vk3heg

vk3heg Member

That's not how you update to 3.1.x.

Download the latest version, unarchive it, cd to the install dir's.
    run: php -q update.php

Follow the instructions that it prints.

3. monteros_007

monteros_007 New Member

Hello,
    I did as you wrote, it is the same. Strange situation because the main page does not even have the logo.

From console:
    >> Update

Operating System: Debian 8.0 (Jessie) or compatible

This application will update ISPConfig 3 on your server.

Shall the script create a ISPConfig backup in /var/backup/ now? (yes,no) [yes]:

Creating backup of "/usr/local/ispconfig" directory...
    Creating backup of "/etc" directory...
    Checking ISPConfig database .. OK
    Starting incremental database update.
    Loading SQL patch file: /tmp/ISPConfig-3.1.1p1/ispconfig3_install/install/sql/incremental/upd_dev_collection.sql
    Reconfigure Permissions in master database? (yes,no) [no]: yes

Service 'mail_server' has been detected (currently disabled) do you want to enable and configure it? (yes,no) [no]:

Service 'web_server' has been detected (currently disabled) do you want to enable and configure it? (yes,no) [no]: yes

Service 'firewall_server' has been detected (currently disabled) do you want to enable and configure it? (yes,no) [no]:

Service 'db_server' has been detected (currently disabled) do you want to enable and configure it? (yes,no) [no]:

Reconfigure Services? (yes,no,selected) [yes]:

Configuring Pureftpd
    Configuring Apache
    Configuring vlogger
    Configuring Apps vhost
    Configuring Jailkit
    Configuring Database
    Updating ISPConfig
    ISPConfig Port [7992]:

Create new ISPConfig SSL certificate (yes,no) [no]:

Reconfigure Crontab? (yes,no) [yes]:

Updating Crontab
    Restarting services ...
    Update finished.

BTW

I compare database with my other ISP and in my ISPconfig where is error I don't see 7 column on web_domain table and other table example xmpp. In my opinion update isp database not executed correctly. How rapair this?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
  4. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I agree, it sounds like your database didn't get updated with new columns; I don't know why that'd happen. You can look at the schema in https://git.ispconfig.org/ispconfig/ispconfig3/blob/stable-3.1/install/sql/ispconfig3.sql and try to add the missing columns, or find the incremental updates under https://git.ispconfig.org/ispconfig/ispconfig3/tree/stable-3.1/install/sql/incremental and apply those (I think that is what the updater is supposed to do), or maybe try dumping the old database (without create table commands), recreate with correct schema, then load the sql dump.

5. vk3heg

vk3heg Member

I don't have the skills at the database level yet (Can hack them though). But have you also flushed your "browser cache" as Till keeps on saying after doing the upgrade?