ERROR: Connection dropped by IMAP server.

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by thabangk, Oct 23, 2009.

1. thabangk

thabangk New Member

Hi All

I configured the Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix, Courier, MySQL And SquirrelMail (CentOS 5.3 x86_64) and everything seems to be fine but i keep on getting error message when i try to login on squirrelmail.

ERROR: Connection dropped by IMAP server.

and in the maillog i got this errors:
    Oct 23 05:32:01 rq3thabangk imapd: Connection, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1]
    Oct 23 05:32:02 rq3thabangk imapd: chdir no-ip.biz/sales/: No such file or directory

What may be wrong with the configurations? can somebody help me please.

Thanks in advance:(

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Did you send a welcome email to that account? If so, are there any other errors in your mail log?

3. thabangk

thabangk New Member

Thanks I just did it and it worked fine,but only the [email protected] can only login but other users can't login:

error message is : ERROR: Connection dropped by IMAP server.
    I did this: mailx [email protected]

and still got the same error. In my forwading table under source i got no records didn't know which info to fill and under destination i did [email protected].

Oct 25 22:51:55 rq3thabangk postfix/smtp[26046]: connect to mail.no-ip.biz[66.185.166.11]: Connection timed out (port 25)
    Oct 25 22:51:55 rq3thabangk postfix/smtp[26046]: 9B9AFE800EF: to=<[email protected]>, relay=none, delay=31, delays=0.01/0.01/31/0, dsn=4.4.1, status=deferred (connect to mail.no-ip.biz[66.185.166.11]: Connection timed out)
    Oct 25 22:52:09 rq3thabangk imapd: Connection, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1]
    Oct 25 22:52:09 rq3thabangk imapd: chdir no-ip.biz/thabangk/: No such file or directory

Last edited: Oct 26, 2009
  4. falko

Your server's trying to deliver the mail to mail.no-ip.biz instead of locally, that's why Maildir hasn't been created yet.

5. thabangk

thabangk New Member

Thanks that's what I'm thinking and how can i change the hostname for the machine and so that the other packages that are already installed can recognise the new hostname?

6. falko

You can change the hostname in /etc/postfix/main.cf.