Error domain Redirect

Discussion in 'General' started by DavideR, Feb 27, 2020.

1. DavideR

DavideR Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi,
    I've a ISP host configured from 2y, yesterday I've setup a new domain on it but there's somthing that not work correctly.
    if you call the site from browser it's redirect to another site. if you enter on ftp it's work. Db as correct.
    if you call another site it's work.
    And when i flag let'sEnc for ssl cert it's work about 1 miunte but cert won't load.
    where i can find why not works?

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Try Internet Search Engines with
    Code:
    site:howtoforge.com wrong website shown
    Lot's of threads with the same problem. With fixes even.

3. DavideR

Hi, i'm sorry but I've already tryed all guide in this forum.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

What you describe happens:

1) when you mix up * or IP in ipv4 field on the server. all sites must use * or all sites must use the ip.
    2) when the site you get directed to has ssl but the site you try to reach has no ssl.
    3) When you have a typo in the domain name of the site you created in ISPconfig.

5. DavideR

1) all site are *
    2) all site have SSL Let's configured, this host not start Let's ---- By ssh how to force let's encrypt creation?
    3) I don't understand

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
  6. till

You have to do it in ISPConfig, not by ssh. If LE can't be enabled in ISPConfig, then there are good reasons why it fails. See Let's encrypt error FAQ post https://www.howtoforge.com/community/threads/lets-encrypt-error-faq.74179/ to debug your LE issue.

7. DavideR

thank's for support,
    now the domain work's only without https.
    for letsencrypt after check all FAQ i can't enable it by ispconfig panel.
    by trying to update Debian i don't have any error and ISP config is already updated to te latest

8. till

Go through all steps of the faq one by one nuntil the end, the FAQ tells you where to look and how to debug thinks so you can find out why LE can't issue the cert.

9. DavideR

Hi Till,
    the issue seems resolved but how I don't know.
    After forcing many time the letscert flag under domain settings now it's work without error, but it's a little strange.
    I don't have changed anything on host and by followin the FAQ all setting where right.
    If you wna't I can send you some log to investigate