Error: Helo command rejected: Host not found

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by gscaglia, Nov 12, 2018.

1. gscaglia

gscaglia Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi,
    an incoming email message is rejected by one of our ISPConfig 3.1 server (Debian 9, Apache, Dovecot, Postfix) with the following message: Helo command rejected: Host not found

I think it's caused by the non-compliance of reject_non_fqdn_helo_hostname in smtpd_helo_restrictions of Postfix (main.cf) because the helo in the incoming message ends with .local (it's probably generated by the Microsoft Exchange server bad setting of the sender).

Is there a field in the Ispconfig panel where I can place an exception to get that mail (or all that ends with .local helo) to accept?

Or do I have to compile the /etc/postfix/helo_access file at the command line (putting something like this: /^local$/ OK)?

Thanks a lot

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

no.

yes.

electronico_nc likes this.
  3. Jonathon Gilbert

Jonathon Gilbert Member HowtoForge Supporter

hi guys could i get some more info on this.
    my client has had 2 our of 300 clients say that are sending emails but they are being blocked due to a helo issue. as it is only 2 of his clients that are not able to send and the other clients are able to send us emails fine he isnt really concerned about it. but i am trying to avoid "all" issues so could you elaborate on what is meant by "compile the /etc/postfix/helo_access file at the command line (putting something like this: /^local$/ OK)"