Error Installing Zimbra

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by joelee, Sep 20, 2007.

1. joelee

joelee New Member

Hi, I am trying my first install of Zimbra. I running on a OpenVZ install and the guess is Ubuntu6. This openvz machine has 100G assigned to it. During the install of Zimbra after selecting the Zimbra Servers to install I get this error:
    Code:
    Checking required space for zimbra-core
    checking space for zimbra-store
    /opt/zimbra requires at least 5GB of space to install.
    0GB is not enough space to install.

Installation cancelled.
    I know I have enough disk space. I think the problem is that Zimbra is trying to install on the /opt partition... However, this partition I think is part of my /root partition which is only 1G. So, I think there's not enough disk space there. Is there a way for me to get Zimbra to install via my /var partition which contains much of my disk space? Would appreciate any comments/suggestions.

Below is the output of df -h
    Code:
    root@mx1:/usr/src/zcs# df -h
    Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    simfs                 1.0G  833M  192M  82% /
    tmpfs                 496M   16K  496M   1% /var/run
    tmpfs                 496M     0  496M   0% /var/lock
    tmpfs                 496M     0  496M   0% /dev/shm
    tmpfs                 496M   16K  496M   1% /var/run
    tmpfs                 496M     0  496M   0% /var/lock

-Joe

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

All your partitions are too small. If there's free space on your hard drive, you can try GParted to resize the partitions.

3. joelee

joelee New Member

Hi Falko, I've resolve the space issue reported before. This was an OpenVZ resource issue. However, I proceed with the install and all seems to go well until I get this error below:
    Code:
    Setting defaults from saved config in /opt/zimbra/.saveconfig/config.save
         [B]HOSTNAME=dsl027-139-174.dc1.dsl.speakeasy.net[/B]
         LDAPHOST=
         LDAPPORT=
         SNMPTRAPHOST=
         SMTPSOURCE=
         SMTPDEST=
         SNMPNOTIFY=0
         SMTPNOTIFY=0
         LDAPROOTPW=zimbra
         LDAPZIMBRAPW=zimbra
      Restoring existing configuration file from /opt/zimbra/.saveconfig/config.save...done
      [B]chown: cannot access `/opt/zimbra/tomcat/conf/keystore': No such file or directory[/B]
      [B]chown: cannot access `/opt/zimbra/conf/smtpd.key': No such file or directory[/B]
      [B]chown: cannot access `/opt/zimbra/conf/smtpd.crt': No such file or directory[/B]
      [B]chown: cannot access `/opt/zimbra/conf/slapd.crt': No such file or directory[/B]
      [B]chown: cannot access `/opt/zimbra/conf/perdition.pem': No such file or directory[/B]
      [B]chown: cannot access `/opt/zimbra/conf/perdition.key': No such file or directory[/B]
      Operations logged to /tmp/zmsetup.log.18172
      [B]ERROR: service.FAILURE [/B](system failure: getDirectContext) (cause: javax.naming.CommunicationException localhost:389)
      [B]ERROR: service.FAILURE [/B](system failure: getDirectContext) (cause: javax.naming.CommunicationException localhost:389)
      Setting defaults...Done
      Setting defaults from existing config...Warning: null valued key 'mysql_logger_root_password'
      Upgrading from  to 4.5.7_GA_1319
      Stopping zimbra services
      [B]Stop failed - exiting[/B]
      [B]UPGRADE FAILED - exiting[/B]

Per above error, I was suprise to see my hostname showing as:
    HOSTNAME=dsl027-139-174.dc1.dsl.speakeasy.net

I am not sure why that is since I've set my hostname properly in /etc/hostname as: mx1.domain.com... Also, I've set my /etc/hosts exactly how the how-to suggest to add this line to /etc/hosts:
    127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost

Regarding the service failures above, I am not sure why I am
    getting them. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance for any comments/suggestions!

Joe

4. falko

I guess that's the PTR record for your server's IP address. You can check with
    Code:
    dig -x your.ip.add.ress

5. joelee

joelee New Member

Falko, yes it is the pointer to my IP address BUT it should not show that info from zimbra. I expect for zimbra to pick up my hostname as mx1.domain.com as I have defined in /etc/hosts. When I run command:
    hostname
    hostname -f
    They both output my host name as mx1.domain.com...

But, as shown in my previuos post zimbra is showing the PTR record?
    This is what I hope to fix.

Joe

6. falko

Does mx1.domain.com point to your.ip.add.ress? If it doesn't exist in DNS, create it now.

7. joelee

joelee New Member

Hi, I got my dns issues resolved and have been able to install Zimbra. The problem I'm having now is that I can't seem to send or receive emails. I sent email from my gmail account to my user account created in zimbra mail server. Also, I am able to login to my zimbra email account via the client browser. When I create an email going to my gmail account no email gets received either.

I've checked the Zimbra Admin mail queue and I do see the emails being deferred. So, I imagine the emails are making it to the server ruling out fw or connectivity issues - I think. Any thoughts?

Joe

8. falko