error Log fills up the server space

Discussion in 'General' started by iceget, Nov 7, 2015.

1. iceget

iceget Member

hello community,

we have a web, this web crashes each week because problems with the php code.
    the error message are:
    [Sat Nov 07 09:00:04 2015] [warn] [client 157.55.xxx.xxx] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning: feof() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /var/www/clients/client34/web75/web/cms/cts/template.php on line 9
    [Sat Nov 07 09:00:04 2015] [warn] [client 157.55.xxx.xxx] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning: fread() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /var/www/clients/client34/web75/web/cms/cts/template.php on line 11
    [Sat Nov 07 09:00:04 2015] [warn] [client 157.55.xxx.xxx] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning: feof() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /var/www/clients/client34/web75/web/cms/cts/template.php on line 9
    [Sat Nov 07 09:00:04 2015] [warn] [client 157.55.xxx.xxx] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning: fread() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /var/www/clients/client34/web75/web/cms/cts/template.php on line 11

the error log fills up until the serverspace is on 0%. no Website working (and database).

how i can solve that?

if a code a endless Loop with an error, the Server error log fills again until the harddisc is full.

thanks

2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

To fix, it sounds like you need to find someone who can debug php code. I'd start looking at lines 9 and 11 of the file /var/www/clients/client34/web75/web/cms/cts/template.php, or simply search for that warning. You might also be able to turn down/off logging of php warning to help with your disk space problem, but that of course doesn't address the actual php issue(s).

3. iceget

iceget Member

Hello Jesse,

thanks for your answer. i know what you mean. i also has fixed the problem in the php code. my problem is:
    we have 300 domains+ on this server, ... if any customer create an bad php code with an endless loop,
    the error.log will fills up until the serverspace is full.. can i configure them that the error.log should only write once the problem into the log?

is that normal or a bug in php? on my old servers with php 4.2 i neve had this problems..

thanks, many greets