Error on database server after upgrade

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by muekno, Dec 10, 2015.

1. muekno

muekno Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

Did regular update via zypper on my openSUSE 13.1 (i586) today. Server runs fine as database and DNS server in a multiserver ISPConfig 3.0.5.4p8 enviorement since more than a year now.
    Update included mysql-community-server-5.6.27-7.13.1. After this I added a new website and tried to add a database for that website. I get errors in the monitor for the database server "Unable to connect to mysql: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)", also other database mod via ISPConfig like deleting a database resolves in an same error. If I try to log in via "mysql -uroot -p" from the server prompt all ist fine. I even can login with every other existing user and password. Looking at mysql.user all seam correct, password hashes are ok.
    MYSQL has been restarted, without errors, my.cnf has been checked for correct sqlmode.
    Need hint or help

Thanks

Rainer

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Does

mysql -h localhost -u root -p

works as well? Testing without -h localhost uses the socket while -h localhost uses a network connection.

And the MySQL root pw. in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/mysql_clientdb.conf id correct?

muekno likes this.
  3. muekno

muekno Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

Solved, /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/mysql_clientdb.conf password was different. Cant remember that I changed it. Did reset root password to that i/usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/mysql_clientdb.conf

Thank you :)

Rainer