error on ispconfig3 login

Discussion in 'General' started by cortexx, Sep 3, 2009.

1. cortexx

cortexx New Member

so i go to the http address to login to ispconfig3 on my centos5 server and i get this file i have to download and open, it reads :-

/*
    Copyright (c) 2007, Till Brehm, projektfarm Gmbh
    All rights reserved.

Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification,
    are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:

* Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice,
    this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
    * Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice,
    this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation
    and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
    * Neither the name of ISPConfig nor the names of its contributors
    may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without
    specific prior written permission.

THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND
    ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED
    WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED.
    IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT,
    INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING,
    BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE,
    DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY
    OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING
    NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE,
    EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
    */

error_reporting(E_ALL|E_STRICT);

require_once('../lib/config.inc.php');
    require_once('../lib/app.inc.php');

$app->uses('tpl');
    $app->tpl->newTemplate('main.tpl.htm');

$app->tpl_defaults();
    $app->tpl->pparse();
    ?>

what the hell did i screw up ? i did a complete wipe and reinstall of perfect server centos5 ispconfig 3

:cool:

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

3. cortexx

cortexx New Member

hi Till

I redid the steps ( although i did it in the installation in the first place by copying and pasting the info from your pdf file ) but it pukes at setting the mysql passwords for root.

any further advice or do i attempt another format and reinstall ?

by the way , what does stanza mean in the line :- "(by commenting out the <Directory "/usr/share/phpmyadmin"> stanza):" ?

4. cortexx

cortexx New Member

update :-

Did a 3rd complete wipe and reinstall of centos5 and ispconfig3

setup my first domain and website , created ftp user for it , uploaded it and it works ok.

setup second domain and website , created ftp used for it , uploaded it and when i try it , it comes up with :-

Where am I? (You need to setup your server names in class.config.php) $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] reported: www.XXXXXXXXXX.com

Now , both domains resolve the ip number with networksolutions dns server and points ip number to our server.

can you point me in the right direction please ? :confused:

Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
  5. till

Which software did you install inside the website? As this software creates the error message.

As the error message says, you have to edit the file class.config.php from the software that you uploaded to your website and set the server name there.

6. cortexx

cortexx New Member

there is no software install on the site , just very basic html docs and graphics files .

Do i need to create a dns entry for the second site even though it's ip is resolved at networksolutions dns server ?

7. till

there must be a file with that name in one of your sites, please search it.

8. cortexx

cortexx New Member

ok the first site has it , by why would that affect the second domain/website ?

the first site works ok

9. cortexx

cortexx New Member

As an experiment i removed the contents of the first website and replaced it with the ISPconfig3 default site .

When i visit the first site it gives the green and white index page ok. BUT now the second site shows the same thing .

Is the second domain/website referencing from the first domain/website somehow ?

I have googled this and it seems that this and similar problems are very common. maybe ppl are missing something in the initial site creations.

10. till

If you created the second site as subdomain or alias, then yes. If you created them as separate domain / site, then no.

The problemt might occur when your linux distribution is not able to handle vhosts with *. In this case, simply select the IP address instead of * for all websites. If the IP address is not available as selection, then add it under system.

11. cortexx

cortexx New Member

Well, im using centos5.3 64 bit for the distro, any problems with this ?

also, all the websites are sat on the same ip (192.168.1.77) as they are all on the same server ( this one ). Will that make a difference ?

I'm assuming the internap ip of the server is the ip your referring to and NOT the external ip issued by my isp ?

12. till

No.

Thats ok. You can have thousands of sites on one IP, as long as your server hardware can handle this.

You have to use the internal IP address for the website settings and the external IP address for DNS records.

13. cortexx

cortexx New Member

just to set things straight in my mind :-

User = consumer ( person who payes to have the website hosted )

Client = reseller ( person who buys bulk web space to resell under their own name to their users )

Admin = User with admin rights ?

Sorry , i know these look like stupid questions but ispconfig is not as logically set out as ispconfig 2 in this area ;).

Might i suggest taking half an hour to write a quick how to set up 2 web sites from a clean install including setting up webspace , ftp and emails for a domain .

I'm sure the time you waste answering these basic questions is greater than the half hour you would invest to do the above :D

14. till

It is identical in this area, we changed the naming in 3.0.1.4.

15. cortexx

cortexx New Member

Well guys

Spent another 2 hours this morning trying to host 2 sites under their own domains (not sub domains or either ) and just end up viewing the last site uploaded no matter which site i enter into the browser.

When i did the perfect server install on centOS5.3 everything that could be copied / pasted from the pdf guide was , no errors install so i can only assume that something that im doing is wrong.

Im usually pretty good at using applications through intuition but i just cant seem to make things roll here so im going to move to a different solution for now because ive wasted almost all the week in the office trying to get this up and running.

Thanks for all your help Till , i'm sure my frustration level is probably no where near yours is having to answer these time consuming questions, i do appreciate your speedy and direct answers to all my questions!

~cort

16. cortexx

cortexx New Member

update:-

I refused to be beaten and spent a few hours playing again last night and finally got things working ( kind of ).

A few things to note :-

the uploaded websites would revert to the Centos default website for the server unless the index file for the site was in html format and not htm. I need to know how to fix this without screwing up the ispconfig virtual host handling because i have a feeling it's an apache conf file that needs to be modified to fis this.

I would like to create extra folders in the root of a clients account for /backup ( same place as the /web directory ) but it wont allow me to do this , it did allow it on ispconfig 2 though. Anything i can do to modify this please ?

Time on the server is incorrect , i tried setting the server time ( which worked ) but after a reboot its wrong again ?

thanks ;)