error on script

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cruz, Aug 29, 2007.

1. cruz

cruz New Member

I got the ph script uploaded to the server, but when I try to install I get this error.
    HTML:
    Warning: shell_exec() [function.shell-exec]: Cannot execute using backquotes in Safe Mode in /var/www/web1/web/install/chmods.php on line 53

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/web1/web/install/chmods.php:53) in /var/www/web1/web/install/index.php on line 70
    Can this be premission issues? I set the files at 644 and the folders at 755. The only files that are diffrent are usermedia/pictures usermedia/thumnails. they are set to 777. When I have the files at 644 the owner dose not have execute premissions. Do you know what they are suppose to be set at?

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

What's in line 53 in /var/www/web1/web/install/chmods.php?

Do you use PHP Safe Mode for this web site?

3. edge

edge Active Member Moderator

Both are not error's, but warnings.

The 1st warning looks like a "Safe Mode" problem.
    You might be able to fix this when you dissable Safe Mode for that site.

The 2nd warning is not really a problem.

You can dissable PHP to show warnings like this in the php.ini file.

Try 1st to dissable Safe Mode, and run the install again.
    It might work.

4. cruz

cruz New Member

php script install

I followed your advice and it installed. So cool. How can I get it so I can work on it without it being online? When I disable the port forward for port 80, I can not bring up the site any more. I have to modify quite a few things before going live. Is it the hosts file or something to that effect I need to add the ip address to this pc? This pc is on DHCP. thanks for the advice.

5. edge

edge Active Member Moderator

Great, so it installed okay.

An easy way to stop people looking at the site is by password protecting it with a .htpasswd.
    When you are done working on the site, all you need to do is remove the .htpasswd file again.

6. cruz

cruz New Member

password file

What I am wanting to do is work on the script I installed on the server from another computer on my (interanet), but disable it from the internet until I am done fixing it like I want it.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2007
  7. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff