ERROR: The PHP binary coming with ISPConfig does not work properly on your system!

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by max, Jan 11, 2006.

1. max

max New Member

Hi Guys,

I had a working version of ispconfig. I saw the update, and could not resist the temptation to update the software.

I updated by running setup.

I am running fedora core 4 on an x86_64, using vsftp, sendmail and postfix.

The update encountered an error:

ERROR: The PHP binary coming with ISPConfig does not work properly on your system! The installation routine stops here!

and my existing installation of ispconfig and the installation files have disappeared!

Running the setup again reproduces the error.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Max

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

3. max

max New Member

hi Falko,

There are no backups in /tmp ... :(

/home/admispconfig and the database (ispconfig) still exists.

What will break if i run the setup without the original /root/ispconfig directory being there.

Regards,

Max

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

If you run the the setup with the database in place, the setup will end up broken.

You can try to backup the database, make a fresh ISPConfig install with the same version to which the database belongs and then replace the newly installed database with your database backup.

5. max

max New Member

Thanks Falko and Till,

It worked perfectly.

The only extra steps i needed was to remove the extra lines created by install process in /etc/httpd/conf/Vhosts/... file and restart mysql.

Thanks for your support,

max

6. Duplex

Duplex New Member

issue with install on Debain 3.1

I am setting ISPConfig up on a test system to get it working and see how I like it. I am a bit of a Linux newb so I will have to admit looking over stuff quite often.
    ----------------
    system spec.
    Optiplex GX100
    3Gig HD
    128MB Ram
    700Mhz CPU
    ----------------
    I get the below error:

tar: aps.tar.gz: Cannot open: No such file or directory
    tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
    tar: Child returned status 2
    tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
    job-working-directory: could not get current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent directories: No such file or directory
    ./setup2: line 771: ispconfig_tmp/php/bin/php: No such file or directory
    ERROR: The PHP binary coming with ISPConfig does not work properly on your system! The installation routine stops here!
    job-working-directory: could not get current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent directories: No such file or directory

Am I missing something because I went through http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect_setup_debian_sarge
    step by step.

do I need to make some directories change permissions install php5 seperatly or something entirely different???

7. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer