Error: „The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found“ - Code: 22 in Menu bar

Discussion in 'General' started by xxfog, Jul 15, 2024.

1. xxfog

xxfog Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hey guys,
    on Friday my whole system worked like a charm - as always.
    Today I logged in and can’t see the complete menu bar. There is an error message:
    Error: „The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found“ - Code: 22
    I tried different browsers and systems - it’s the same.
    There was no change or update on the weekend.
    What can cause this error?

all the best
    Steffan

Attached Files:

2. pyte

pyte Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Do you see any errors that may give a clue in /var/log/ispconfig/ispconfig.log?

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Which error do you get in the global error.log of the web server (Apache or Nginx error.log)?

4. xxfog

Just a warning about a wrong BIND dns entry - but this is there for weeks

5. xxfog

It is an Apache server. I am stuck in the „Kunden“ interface and can use the full left menu there. Like adding new customer etc. Just the whole upper menu is gone.
    Last in error.log
    upload_2024-7-15_9-45-24.png

6. xxfog

upload_2024-7-15_9-47-50.png

I can just add Screenshots and don`t use quote because my remote connection does not allow any copy right now.

7. till

Seems as if there are a lot of random things going on, so we likely don't see the relevant parts in the log. Try this:

grep '/usr/local/ispconfig/interface/web' /var/log/apache2/error.log

8. xxfog

No entry :-(

9. pyte

pyte Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

As this server has the name server2, is this a multiserver setup? Are you sure you are checking the host on which the panel itself runs?

10. xxfog

It is just a single-server-setup - the "2" ist just from history when i moved from old hardware to newer...
    It`s the 3rd or 4th hardware in all thoose years i think. So the name could be ignored.
    I am not sure which version is insalled but it`s not one of the last two.

11. till

Have you tried accessing the system with another browser or in inkognito mode? Maybe there is just an issue on the browser side or something got messed up in the current login session. if this does not help, then you could try to do an ISPConfig update with reconfigure services = yes to see if it fixes this. If you use already the latest version, then use --force command-line option to persuade the updater to install the update nontheless.

ahrasis likes this.
  12. xxfog

I tried it via mobile phone and browser on a workstation.
    I just checked it from a different workstation on a fully different internet connection and it`s the same on every device.
    I will try the update. thanks at this point. I will come back later after a meeting

till likes this.
  13. till

And in case the ISPConfig update does not help, then please try to check with the developer tools of your browser if you can see which exact URLs result in a 404 and fail to load.

14. till

Do you use any plugins or extensions in ISPConfig from Florian Schaal? I have a user with a similar error in the German forum and it seems as if the key servers from schaal-it might cause this as they do not resolve in DNS anymore.

15. till

According to the thread in the German howtoforge forum, the issue is caused by Florian Schaal's GDPR plugin. Do you have this plugin installed?

16. xxfog

Hi Till,
    sorry for my delayed answer. The update did not help yesterday.
    Yes I have installed the GDPR plugin. Florian told me he is working on an update many month ago, but i still did not hear any news about it.
    Today verything works as expected.
    Thank you all for your help and hints!

all the best