[error] - The username is already in use

Discussion in 'General' started by yiannos, Oct 15, 2008.

1. yiannos

yiannos New Member

Hi All,

I have ISPc 2.2.27. I upgraded by ./setup script from 2.2.18 (I think).

When I try to view a user's details tabs (e.g. Spamfilter & Antivirus), and also when I try to save a user's data (e.g. catchall, anti-spam etc), I get this message:
    Code:
    The username is already in use
    If I wait for a while, I can then save normally. Also, I think that the record is saved although the message is displayed.

Is this a bug or is it something I do wrong?

TIA for any replies.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Thats no bug. I guess you started the setup script twice without recreating the /root/ispconfig directory again, so the installer started the second time in install mode and not update mode. So now all user accounts are blacklisted. Remove the users from the file /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/users

3. daff

daff New Member

same problem

I have the same problem here. I am quite sure that it made an update instead of a new install, because I hadn't for example to enter the certificate options or the connection to the DB. Also the log says that he made "Upgrading an existing ISPConfig installation.". I upgraded from 2.2.26

EDIT:
    my problem looks a little bit other. I can create users with no problems. When I want to change a setting and save I get to message like yiannos said, but the changes get performed. My system is Debian etch x64.

EDIT2:
    I fixed it. Obviously appeared that problem with another update where it made someting wrong. Now I removed every user from ISPConfig in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/users and everything works fine.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2008
  4. yiannos

yiannos New Member

[Solved]-The username is already in use.

Hi and thanks for the replies.

Just for your reference,I am sure I only ran the setup script once. And it ran without problems.

The 'users' file has all my usernames in it. Do I have to delete them all? What is this file used for?

EDIT: I found the reply in the forum. Thank you for the assistance.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2008