Error trying to install - on RH9

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by bgarlock, Jul 29, 2005.

1. bgarlock

bgarlock New Member

I keep getting the following error, when trying to install:

make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.
    make: *** No rule to make target `install'. Stop.
    cp: cannot create regular file `/home/admispconfig/ispconfig/tools/clamav/COPYING': No such file or directory
    cp: cannot create regular file `/home/admispconfig/ispconfig/tools/clamav/etc/clamav.conf': No such file or directory
    cp: cannot create regular file `/home/admispconfig/ispconfig/tools/clamav/etc/freshclam.conf': No such file or directory
    ./compile: line 124: cd: /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/tools/clamav/etc/: No such file or directory
    ln: `clamd.conf': File exists
    ./compile: line 126: cd: /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/tools/: No such file or directory
    tar: clamav: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
    tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
    ERROR: Could not create clamav.tar.gz

Do I need to install clamav first? I could not find any reference to this in the install directions, but I might have missed it. I searched the forums, and did not find this as an issue.

Thanks for any help, and thank you so much for developing this software. Does it have any competition, besides Cpanel/WHM? OpenSource competition?

- Bruce

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

I guess that some packages needed by ClamAV are missing so that the compilation fails.

Can you download clamav-0.86.2.tar.gz (from www.clamav.net ), and then run these commands in order to find out why the compilation fails?

Code:
    tar xvfz clamav-0.86.2.tar.gz
    cd clamav-0.86.2
    ./configure --prefix=/home/admispconfig/ispconfig/tools/clamav --sysconfdir=/home/admispconfig/ispconfig/tools/clamav/etc --with-user=admispconfig --with-group=admispconfig --disable-clamav --disable-bzip2
    make
    make install 
    Can you post the errors here?

3. bgarlock

bgarlock New Member

Ahhh! Here is where it dies:

configure: error: The installed zlib version may contain a security bug. Please upgrade to 1.2.2 or later: http://www.zlib.net. You can omit this check with --disable-zlib-vcheck but DO NOT REPORT any stability issues then!

My guess is that the zlib I have, has backported security fixes, but clamav does not realize this. I will search the code for the configure script, and disable the zlib check, so things can proceed.

Thanks for the quick response!

- Bruce

4. maxx

maxx ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Just updating zlib will do it

run

apt-get install zlib zlib-devel

and start ISPconfig setup again ./setup
    then it will work.

5. cjkeeme

cjkeeme New Member

Same problem.

I'm having the same problem. I have tried all posted solutions above and none work.

1. When doing this: Can you download clamav-0.86.2.tar.gz (from www.clamav.net ), and then run these commands in order to find out why the compilation fails?

I get the same error about the security flaw in zlib.

2. I tried to omit the check, but the turned up the same exact error in the setup.

3. I downloaded and installed zlib and zlib-devel only to receive the same error message.

This is the error message as posted above:
    make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.
    make: *** No rule to make target `install'. Stop.
    cp: cannot create regular file `/home/admispconfig/ispconfig/tools/clamav/COPYING': No such file or directory
    cp: cannot create regular file `/home/admispconfig/ispconfig/tools/clamav/etc/clamav.conf': No such file or directory
    cp: cannot create regular file `/home/admispconfig/ispconfig/tools/clamav/etc/freshclam.conf': No such file or directory
    ./compile: line 124: cd: /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/tools/clamav/etc/: No such file or directory
    ln: `clamd.conf': File exists
    ./compile: line 126: cd: /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/tools/: No such file or directory
    tar: clamav: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
    tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
    ERROR: Could not create clamav.tar.gz

I am running SuSE 9.2 and have completed the "Perfect Setup" as outlined on the website.

6. cjkeeme

cjkeeme New Member

This is what I had to do.

I went to zlib.net and downloaded version 1.2.3 and installed it. That fixed the problem.

The APT database does not seem to have the latest version available.

7. m u r

m u r Member

I am new to Linux. I got the same error. I downloaded zlib 1.2.3, but am unsure how to install the package. The package is in my home folder, and I tried "tar xvfz zlib-1.2.3.tar.gz" and "tar -zxvf zlib-1.2.3.tar.gz" . . . but I still get the error.

8. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Have you configured, compiled and installed the package as described by domino in this post?

http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302