Error When Editing DNS Zone

Discussion in 'General' started by mxc, Jun 25, 2022.

1. mxc

mxc ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Hi all,
    I am using ISPConfig 3. I have updated to the latest version. When I try edit an existing DNS zone to add a 2ndary server I get the error

"There is already a record for this zone."

I didn't have this problem before. I have deleted and recreated the zone file but still get the same error. Any ideas?
    thanks

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Then you have this zone twice. E.g. check the secondary zones to ensure that you have not added a secondary record for this zone on the same system that contains the primary record. When you have just a single server that acts as primary and secondary server, then do not add a slave zone as that's not required.

mxc likes this.
  3. mxc

mxc ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Thanks. I seem to recall that in the past you couldn't create a primary if there was a 2ndary with the same name. This time it allowed me to create the primary with an exisitng 2ndary entry. Now I know what to check. Thanks

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Probably there is a check that you can't create a secondary when there is a primary but not the other way round, in other words, the check exists in secondary DNS form only and not in the primary, we should have it in both indeed though.