Errors after Buster dist-upgrade

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by muekno, May 4, 2020.

1. muekno

muekno Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

Did a Buster dist-upgrade yesterday. Now communication to this slave server seams dead.
    Debug:
    /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh
    04.05.2020-09:24 - WARNING - There is already a lockfile set, but no process running with this pid (57294). Continuing.
    PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysqli_init() in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes/db_mysql.inc.php:83
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/app.inc.php(47): db->__construct()
    #1 /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/app.inc.php(232): app->__construct()
    #2 /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.php(51): require('/usr/local/ispc...')
    #3 {main}
    thrown in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes/db_mysql.inc.php on line 83
    PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysqli_init() in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes/db_mysql.inc.php:83
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/app.inc.php(47): db->__construct()
    #1 /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/app.inc.php(232): app->__construct()
    #2 /usr/local/ispconfig/security/check.php(32): require('/usr/local/ispc...')
    #3 {main}
    thrown in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes/db_mysql.inc.php on line 83
    root@http1:/etc/php/7.3/apache2#

Also my TYPO3 Installation has errors:
    Core: Exception handler (WEB): Uncaught TYPO3 Exception: #1232985914: The PHP extension "apcu" must be installed and loaded in order to use the APCu backend.
    apt say latest version of apcu is installed.
    need help/hint
    thanks
    Rainer

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Seems as if you installed a PHP version without MySQL support. I guess you might have missed to go through the perfect server guide and install all packages that are required on Debian 10, just doing a dust upgrade is not enough as this updates only packages but does not install new packages which might be required.

3. muekno

The was installed following your perfect server tutorial for buster and ran fine since weeks.
    I am using ispconfig since many years now and never an upgrade or dist-upgrade did harm ispconfig. even inplace upgrades from stretch to buster worked. So upgradeing a running server should upgrade all installed modules I thin. In this case php mysql support had been installed and should be upgraded too. This server was set up new following your guide for debian 10 and I did some upgrades while it was running fine. Normaly I do an upgrade when ispconfig tells me that there is on, which is quite often. If the upgrade tells me that there are something left back I normaly do a dist-upgrade as I did this time. Never got problems all the years.
    Rainer

4. till

First, your issue is not related to ISPConfig, so mentioning how long you made its upgrades with ISPConfig is not helpful as ISPConfig has nothing to do with your problem. Then you mix up Debian updates and upgrades here, a dist upgrade is when you update from one major version of Debian to another, e.g. when you go from Debian 8 to 9 or Debian 9 to 10. A server that was installed with Debian 10 can not be dist upgraded yet as you claim as Debian 10 is the latest release (unless you upgraded to Debian testing which I don't assume here).

So, what you probably did is that you just installed a normal update on Debian 10. What I mentioned are steps for dist upgrades as you claimed you did a dist upgrade, so the steps I mentioned do not apply in your case and were just posted due to the wrong details in the first post.

Back to your problem: You probably installed additional PHP version from a third-party repository, namely sury, and this caused your problems during update. Sury tends to mess up the system default PHP sometimes as they overwrite it with latest available php version from sury. So if you are using PHP versions from sury, check out the multi php versions guide, it contains instructions towards the end on how to switch back to the right default PHP version (namely 7.3 on Debian 10): https://www.howtoforge.com/tutorial...fig-3-from-debian-packages-on-debian-8-and-9/

5. muekno

Yes it is a testing Version (do not know why and exactly when I got ist) and ist seams I have php 7.3 and 7.4 installed. I only use debian repositorys. Following your link, I cant set (Step 2) the default version is ISP Config as there is no communication with the slave. Ispconfig still shows me default but it has not the actual server state. Installing php 7.3 as noted in 5.5 says everything already installed.

6. till

You get that error because you installed a PHP version without MySQL support, this means that no software which uses MySQL can work on that server anymore. Therefore, you have to switch back to the working system PHP. It does not matter if this is a single server or multiserver setup. Go back to the guide: https://www.howtoforge.com/tutorial...fig-3-from-debian-packages-on-debian-8-and-9/ and read the chapter towards the end that tells you which commands to use to switch back to the default PHP to 7.3.

7. muekno

Did Pont 5.6 from the link, in PHP7.4 some modules were missing
    /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh then worked without errors
    uncometed crontab
    will follow rest of link
    Thanks for help
    Rainer