Errors during installation / unable to login

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by tremor, Nov 1, 2008.

1. tremor

tremor New Member

Hello Everybody!

I hope someone here can help me out... After installing ISPconfig I can't login using admin/admin, I just get error 101: wrong username or password. Right in the end of the installation I got the following output:

Connected successfully to MySQL server
    sh: Q: No such file or directory
    sh: crontab: command not found

The ISPconfig database has been created but it doesn't contain any tables.

I followed the Ubuntu perfect server guide here at how2forge.

I hope someone here can advice me what to do... I'm kind of a newbie at these things.

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

What's the output of
    Code:
    df -h
    ? I guess your hard drive/partition does not have enough free space.

3. tremor

tremor New Member

There's plenty of space on the disk. I get the following output from df -h:

Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    /dev/simfs 100G 895M 100G 1% /

So the problem seems to be something else... Can I have missed installing some package since it can't find the command 'crontab'?

4. falko

Did you install ISPConfig as root?

5. tremor

tremor New Member

Yes I did. I also wrote the root login and password for the mySQL part of the installation.

6. falko

What's the output of
    Code:
    ls -l /bin/sh
    ?

Did you disable AppArmor?

7. tremor

tremor New Member

The output of ls -l /bin/sh is:

Code:
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 9 Nov  3 15:38 /bin/sh -> /bin/bash
    My system didn't come with apparmor so there was nothing for me to disable or remove. I thought maybe I might have made a mistake somewhere along the way so I started all over again on a freshly installed Ubuntu but once again I got the same errors. I'm trying to run ISPconfig on a vps-server, I don't know if that might cause some problems?

/tremor

8. falko

What kind of VPS? OpenVZ, Xen, VMware, etc?

9. tremor

tremor New Member

I rent my server space from a server company so I don't know what kind of system they run.

I noticed that the crontab package wasn't installed by default so I tried once more to install everything (this time with crontab installed...) and this time I got the following output right after I've chosen if I wanna go with http or https:

Code:
    Connected successfully to MySQL server
    sh: Q: No such file or directory
    no crontab for root
    Restarting some services...
     * Stopping Postfix Mail Transport Agent postfix                         [ OK ]
     * Starting Postfix Mail Transport Agent postfix                         [ OK ]
     * Stopping ftp server proftpd                                           [ OK ]
     * Starting ftp server proftpd                                           [ OK ]
    Starting ISPConfig system...
    /root/ispconfig/httpd/bin/apachectl startssl: httpd started

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /root/ispconfig/scripts/lib/config.inc.php on line 47
    No results found!ISPConfig system is now up and running!

10. falko

That sounds as if the ISPConfig database didn't get installed...

What's the output of
    Code:
    uname -a
    ? Maybe this tells us more about the virtualization technique that is being used.

11. tremor

tremor New Member

The output of uname -a is:

Code:
    Linux GleSYS-vps 2.6.18-92.1.1.el5.028stab057.2 #1 SMP Mon Jul 21 17:08:31 MSD 2008 i686 GNU/Linux
    The ISPConfig database has been created but it doesn't contain any tables.

12. falko

Unfortunately there's no indication of the virtualization technique in there... :(

Did you type in root as the MySQL user during installation? Does the MySQL password contain any special characters?

13. tremor

tremor New Member

Yes, I typed in root as user. The password contains a '<', but I've never had any problems to log in using mysql -u root -p.

My Ubuntu distribution seems to differ a bit from the one used in the tutorial, I had to install the cron, iptables, telnet and telnetd packages myself and there was no apparmor to remove... Could there be that there are some other packages that I don't have that cause these problems?

14. falko

Can you change that to a password without any special characters and try again?

15. tremor

tremor New Member

That did it, now everything works! :)

Thank you so much for all your help, I really appriciate it!!