errors like "#0 db->query(UPDATE `mail_user` SET..."

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by ronee, May 2, 2016.

1. ronee

ronee Member HowtoForge Supporter

We are running ISPConfig 3.0.5.4p9 on CentOS7. All seems well however we inconsistently see errors like the one below when attempting various types of email account modifications such as disabling an autoresponder and occasionally attempting to perform other mail related changes. We recently upgraded to 3.0.5.4p9 without issue but the problem persists. Would appreciate some input on how to resolve this.

Thanks

#0 db->query(UPDATE `mail_user` SET `autoresponder_subject` = 'Out of office reply', `autoresponder_text` = 'I will be out of the office April 26th - 27th. ....', `autoresponder` = 'n', `autoresponder_start_date` = '', `autoresponder_end_date` = '' WHERE 1 AND mailuser_id = 18) called at [/usr/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/classes/tform_actions.inc.php:177] #1 tform_actions->onUpdateSave(UPDATE `mail_user` SET `autoresponder_subject` = 'Out of office reply', `autoresponder_text` = '...', `autoresponder` = 'n', `autoresponder_start_date` = '', `autoresponder_end_date` = '' WHERE 1 AND mailuser_id = 18) called at [/usr/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/classes/tform_actions.inc.php:117] #2 tform_actions->onUpdate() called at [/usr/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/classes/tform_actions.inc.php:94] #3 tform_actions->onSubmit() called at [/usr/local/ispconfig/interface/web/mail/mail_user_edit.php:230] #4 page_action->onSubmit() called at [/usr/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/classes/tform_actions.inc.php:68] #5 tform_actions->onLoad() called at [/usr/local/ispconfig/interface/web/mail/mail_user_edit.php:328] Incorrect datetime value: '' for column 'autoresponder_start_date' at row 1

2. Croydon

Croydon ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Hello, what version of MySQL are you using?

3. ronee

using mysql server 5.6 (mysql-community-server-5.6.30-2.el7.x86_64)

4. Croydon

Are you doing the changes via remoting api or through the interface? The autoresponder start and end dates should not be ''. What is your sql_mode set to in the mysql config?

5. ronee

all changes are being done through the interface, this is a very vanilla setup done per the perfect server docs, in my.cnf is: sql_mode=NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION,STRICT_TRANS_TABLES

my.cnf was not manually edited

6. ronee

note that the autoresponder change is just one way to produce a similar error, we've seen similar errors when doing various functions on a given mailbox such as attempting to access the mail filter tab and such, we run many ispconfig systems and did not do anything unusual with this one

7. Croydon

As far as I know the perfect server tutorials state to use mariadb-server and NOT mysql.

8. ronee

yes I'm aware of that however at this version level they are compatible and we have used both successfully without issue, furthermore this automated ispconfig setup script (https://github.com/servisys/ispconfig_setup) allows either, pretty sure that using mysql instead of mariadb here is not the problem, would appreciate any suggestions to get this resolved as this is a production system, thanks

9. Croydon

I think that STRICT_TRANS_TABLES might be your problem here. You could try to remove that from the sql mode.

10. ronee

Much appreciated, that did indeed resolve it! Have a good one and thanks again!