/etc and /home inside customers directory

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by tom123, Jan 18, 2013.

1. tom123

tom123 Member

I've created a simple crontab.
    This has created two folders, /etc and /home inside the customer directory but I'm unable to delete these. I receive a 'Permission denied' even deleting with root.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Thats correct. These directories are required for the chrooted cronjob as they belong to the jail of the website. If you delete them, the cronjob will fail.

The website root is protected with the immutable attribute, so that no user, not even root, can remove them without removing the attribute first.

The attribite is removed with:

chattr -i /var/www/clients/client0/web1

Please note that your cronjob start to will fail when you delete these required folders.

3. fbartels

fbartels New Member

Hi,

do you also get a permision denied when creating other files in that directory?

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Yes. This directory is not made to put any files there. Clients are only allowed to upload files to their web folder (so they are accessible by http), to the webdav folder for webdav, to the cgi folder if they are cgi scripts and to the newly introduced folder "private" when the files shall not be accessible by http.

The website folder protecion can be disbaled under system > server config, but its higly recommended to leave it on.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
  5. tom123

tom123 Member

Solved,
    parent directory was immutable

6. fbartels

fbartels New Member

Ok I understand, but is this a new feature? In the past I was able to create and modify files directly in the web# folders, but I was wondering, since it is not possible anymore for all of these folders. Actually I was a bit worried if my filesystem was broken, but didn't have to time to investigate any further.