Etch->Lenny upgrade w/o losing Postfix virtual hosting?

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by jdkullmann, Jan 21, 2010.

1. jdkullmann

jdkullmann New Member

Hi Falko

I'm running your awesome debian lenny virtual server postfix+mysql+clamav+amvis+etc on my colo'd server. Working Great and has been for over a year.

I now need to upgrade to Lenny (Etch support ending) and I'm really concerned that upgrading will blow away at a minimum the PostFix-MySQL changes for all the virtual hosting.

Can you give me any words of wisdom on doing that upgrade on a production system especially regarding preserving the funcationality and data of the postfix+mysql setup?

Thanks again,
    JK

2. jdkullmann

jdkullmann New Member

Just to add more info, I setup the server using this great tutorial of yours

"Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix, Courier And MySQL (Debian Etch)"

3. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

4. jdkullmann

jdkullmann New Member

Just to clarify, if I upgrade postfix along with everything and don't patch it, all I lose is quotas? That is, all the other configuration changes I made to have postfix use MYSQL etc will still be in place and it 'should just work'? I don't have to go thru the HowTo you referred to for Lenny and redo all the configuring?

I miss remembered and was thinking that the postfix patches were part of allowing it to use MYSQL.

Thanks again.

5. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Yes, that's right.