Falko articles becomes spam big discussion

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by gg234, Nov 21, 2007.

1. gg234

gg234 New Member

What the hell is this about falko

check here

Some time falko is posting all over the place that is not good for howtoforge it will give him bad reputation for a such good guy

Take care about this instead of making money

2. edge

edge Active Member Moderator

My guess is that they are just jealous.

3. wpwood3

wpwood3 New Member

My $.02

Many of those comments smell of the typical Linux elitism that keeps many Windows users from discovering the virtues of open source. Attitudes like that help keep Microsoft in a dominant position.

I think Falko and the others on this site have done a great job in helping to bring more people into the Linux camp. Granted, HowToForge is not aimed at the Linux expert. It is aimed at people simply looking for solutions.

4. mikethornburgh

mikethornburgh New Member

great job on the "how to Fedora desktop7 & 8

I am fairly new at using linux. Just starting to learn how to install setup programs. the how to for fedora7 and fedora8 helped a lot. One of the reasons people stay away from linux is that the average person can not make it work.
    Thanks for the how to forums. I also believe in time that Linux will be installed on more desktop machines for the average user. I installed fedora7 and i really liked it. BUt i like fedora8 even better.

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

As far as I can see, Technocrat is a Linux news site like many others that does not have own original content (news aggregator), instead they ask poeple to submit notes about news and articles from other sites on their site (and they make money with these submissions, which I dont see negative, its just a fact). These submissions are not published automatically, they are accepted by the moderators of Technocrat.net.

So, if they dont want submissions of falkos howtos, why do they puplish them?

6. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

This is an email from July 10 2007(!) that I wrote to a guy that contacted me about this issue:

7. edge

edge Active Member Moderator

falko,

Please do not let this get you upset.

For some reason it's always easer for (a lot of) people to complain about things than to say thank you.

Falko.. Please keep up the good work!
    To the "complainers".. Just do not read his stuff, or try to do it better!

8. Linocks

Linocks New Member

I am a Linux Novice. When I decided to venture into the Linux arena I searched the internet for assistance & looked at a lot of forums. Falko, et al provided me with answers to which I can relate. Not difficult for me (a person who cannot code or understand code). I was so impressed that I decided to show my appreciation with a paid subscription.

I continue to ask questions here and get answers. The thing I found most impressive is the fact that there does not appear to be preferential treatment for any one distribution and/or individual. The site seems to cater for the idiots like me to the experts like those implementing and maintaining major/new systems. It even goes as far as giving you a gentle nudge in the right direction when you post a question which seeks an answer to something already posted.

If submissions to other forums (made by Falko as a result of anything expressed and/or implied) leads the people who read, post, or otherwise in this forum then I say he's doing a good job. I would hate to see Falko (or those who assist like him, change anything as a result of this 'outburst'.

As someone quite rightly posted in Technocrat, one can choose (or not) to follow any link. Something I found most peculiar is that all the individuals who posted to the article at Technocrat did so AFTER visiting this site (they appeared to have knowledge of the content). That suggests they came here looking for help (Falko you should design a way to keep them out but that is not you. You help everyone (even Technocrat readers!). I bet none of them would take on your role :rolleyes:

Keep up the good work Falko, et al. If you make a little money while you're at it, good for you (you've definitely saved me loads)!;)

Long live King Falko & Team :D

Now I'm off to find another answer by searching THIS forum!!

9. Linocks

Linocks New Member

Falko,

I know my previous post re this topic is a bit aggressive & you may wish to remove it. I will understand. I just wanted to let the world know my thoughts & that I fully support what you are doing.

I apologise for any inconvenience caused. You run a tight ship here. Some people may find my post offensive.:eek: So I will understand if you remove it.

Once again, keep up the good work.:cool:

10. Lvcoyote

Lvcoyote New Member

Jealousy pure and simple, I'm new to Linux and found this site a tremendous help while trying to get a functional install accomplished.