FC5 - PHP4, XSLT, MySQL4, ISPConfig

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by Wonderm00n, Sep 15, 2006.

1. Wonderm00n

Wonderm00n New Member

First of all let me congratulate Falko for his perfect guides ;)
    They're easy to follow and understand!

Regarding the "The Perfect Setup - Fedora Core 5" guide I wonder if you guys could give some hints...

I'm planning on installing a development server following the "The Perfect Setup - Fedora Core 5" guide but I need:

• MySQL 4 instead of MySQL 5 (This is because all my php aplications were deveploed using MySQL 4... Do you think i can go version 5 with no problems, instead of instaling old version 4??)
    • PHP4 instead of PHP5 (This is a must... The existent php aplications are not tested in PHP5 and there's no time for it right now. I'm going to do thoose tests on a separate dev. server)
    • PHP4 with XSLT (Sablotron) support
    • I'll use ISPConfig

Can you guys give me hints on this changes I need on this instalation?

Thanks in advance,
    Wonderm00n aka Marco Almeida

2. Ben

Ben Active Member Moderator

As far as I know IPSConfig will work with mySQL5 as well.
    Your applications should do as well, as far as the interface of php4 does not support the new features of mySQL 5, only with php5 and mysqli support you can use them.

If you run php4 oder php5 that's up to you because ISPConfig is using a dedicated apache which is compiled by installing ISPC. So it is also up to you with which parameters / support you install php...

3. Wonderm00n

Wonderm00n New Member

So I cannot use PHP4 + MySQL 5?

4. Ben

Ben Active Member Moderator

Sure you can do. But you have to decide how to implement which version and I guess ISPConfig will only manage one of both.

5. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

ISPConfig supports MySQL 5, so PHP4 + MySQL 5 is no problem (if it is set up right).

6. Wonderm00n

Wonderm00n New Member

7. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

8. Wonderm00n

Wonderm00n New Member

It works!

IMPORTANT: After following this guide we need to repeat the step where we exclude PHP from /etc/httpd/conf.d/php.conf